sealing edge of vinyl floor in bathroom

Old January 17th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sealing edge of vinyl floor in bathroom

I have to replace the floor covering in a small bathroom. It's vinyl
sheet now, and will be replaced with the same (one piece). One edge is
a wooden skirting board, the other sides are tiled. There is currently
some kind of sealant applied where the vinyl hits the wall (and the
shower and toilet). If I want to have that again, what do I use? Is it
just silicon sealant, or is there something specific for this purpose?
The current sealant looks just like silicon: it's white, soft, and
occasionally peels off (i.e. it's not ideal).

Thanks in advance,

Herbert

Old January 17th 06, 03:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Herbert wrote:
I have to replace the floor covering in a small bathroom. It's vinyl
sheet now, and will be replaced with the same (one piece). One edge is
a wooden skirting board, the other sides are tiled. There is currently
some kind of sealant applied where the vinyl hits the wall (and the
shower and toilet). If I want to have that again, what do I use? Is it
just silicon sealant, or is there something specific for this purpose?
The current sealant looks just like silicon: it's white, soft, and
occasionally peels off (i.e. it's not ideal).

It's just silicone. Use sanitary grade silicone, which contains an
anti-fungal agent.

--
Grunff

Vinyl tile over sheet vinyl residue? Donald Gares Home Repair 1 July 5th 05 05:50 PM
Vinyl Flooring Over Old Vinyl Backer Terry Smith Home Repair 1 September 10th 04 03:31 AM
Bathroom fans improperly vented jeff Home Repair 11 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
Bathroom Mirror. Terry Home Repair 2 May 2nd 04 10:42 PM
Wood Floor in Bathroom Rob Gray Home Repair 5 February 23rd 04 04:28 AM