Junior Member

Default Nissan Primera Handbrake....

Hi All,

The handbrake on my 1992 Nissan Primera 2.0L SLX is sticking, i have had a look about, and it isn't the cable or the return spring, it's the adjuster cam in the caliper thats sticking...

Anyway, the car is up for MOT next month, and i would like to get it though one more year, and don't really want to be spending money out on it. My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the adjuster cam withou draining the brake fluid, and can i lubricate it with something like copperslip?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

AbingdonBoy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:45:01 +0000, AbingdonBoy
wrote:

The handbrake on my 1992 Nissan Primera 2.0L SLX is sticking, i have
had a look about, and it isn't the cable or the return spring, it's the
adjuster cam in the caliper thats sticking...

Anyway, the car is up for MOT next month, and i would like to get it
though one more year, and don't really want to be spending money out on
it. My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to remove the
adjuster cam withou draining the brake fluid, and can i lubricate it
with something like copperslip?

Drum or disk?

Dunno about the primera, but the cars I have repaired it has been
possible to remove the adjuster without draining the fluid.

Alternatively, it's possible to buy a clamp which clamps on the
hydraulic hose, keeping fluid loss to a minimum. All you have to do is
bleed the brake you are working on.

Is it possible to spray WD40 on the adjuster if you are careful? I'd
suggest covering the brake linings with something first though.

sponix

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

AbingdonBoy wrote:
Thanks in advance for any help.

"uk.rec.cars.maintenance" will sort you out.