PJ

Default Frost-Free problem

last year we decided to replace our 20-year+ Electrolux fridge freezer. Did
some homework and then ordered a Hotpoint FF90?, and when it arrived, we put
the old one in the garage, pending disposal. However, it only took a day or
so to reveal a problem which we simply hadn't considered- noise!

At certain times, in a quiet kitchen, the noise was just unacceptable. I've
learned since that it would be a fan. It was returned and the original one
re-instated. the time is approaching though when this will have to be
replaced.

Has anyone else suffered from this? Is there any way at all of knowing
beforehand just how loud a new model will be? Stockists and manufacturers
are a little cagy when the subject is raised, which makes me fear the worst.

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

"Ronald" wrote

I had a Zanussi frost free fridge/freezer which I considered noisy but put
up with it but I had to keep the kitchen door closed. I now have an

ordinary
fridge and separate freezer and what a difference. I had to keep checking

at
first to see if it was working(OK slight exaggeration) but I would never

buy
another frost free/fridge freezer because of the noise factor. Plus they

use
twice as much electricity.

The ice you wants also disappears as quickly as the ice you don't.

Using them fairly infrequently, I can never find ice cubes in my fridge when
I want them. I can only assume that the mechanism which removes ice from
the walls of my fridge removes them from the ice cube tray also.

I have to admit, though, that I don't miss the defrosting process, which was
always a major undertaking since I never did it often enough.

Barbara

L Reid

"PJ" wrote in message
[...]

Do you live in a flat where the bedroom is close to the kitchen? We have a
noisy fridge freezer (Electrolux) but normally closing the kitchen door is
enough to get rid of the noise.

Toby

PJ wrote:
last year we decided to replace our 20-year+ Electrolux fridge
freezer.
However, it only took a day or so to reveal a problem which we simply
hadn't considered- noise!

At certain times, in a quiet kitchen, the noise was just
unacceptable. I've learned since that it would be a fan. It was
Has anyone else suffered from this? Is there any way at all of

Noise not a probelm with my Bosch FF fridge freezer. It does make an
occasional 'crack' sound which is off-putting though. My old girlfriends
cheap Servis FF fridge freezer did not have bad fan noise either but you
could hear swooshing quit4e regularly.

Toby.

DawnK

"Ronald" wrote in message

"PJ" wrote in message
[...]

Ronald.

I have had a Whirlpool Frost-free fridge, which was replaced a
year-and-a-half ago with a Maytag frost-free fridge. I don't recall either
fridge being that noisy, except when the whirlpool was on its last legs and
you could hear it all over the house. It's a good thing, too, since we
don't have a kitchen door to close!

Dawn

---

Vox Humana

"DawnK" wrote in message

"Ronald" wrote in message

"PJ" wrote in message
[...]

I have an Amana FF side-by-side and the only noise I hear is the ice
dropping into the bin. My mother had a GE FF refrigerator, circa 1971 that
was very noisy.

DawnK

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"DawnK" wrote in message

"Ronald" wrote in message

"PJ" wrote in message
[...]

Occasionally, I hear ice dropping and the icemaker filling with water, if
other things in my house aren't noisy and I happen to be paying attention.

Dawn

---