Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil D.

Default Vertical blinds

Hi, has anyone used any of the online companies and diy fitted?

Just wondering about quality etc.

Thanks

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:34:33 GMT, "Neil D."
wrote:

Hi, has anyone used any of the online companies and diy fitted?

Just wondering about quality etc.

Thanks

Neil

Look in the Argos catalogue, that's where ours came from and took
minutes to make up, trim and fit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
David

In article , Neil D.
skiv@[y] writes
Hi, has anyone used any of the online companies and diy fitted?

Just wondering about quality etc.

Thanks

Neil

I got mine from www.terrysfabrics.co.uk arrived within two days, plenty
good enough for my use and went up easily with trimming to fit.
prices are a lot cheaper than anywhere else I have seen

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil D. wrote:
Hi, has anyone used any of the online companies and diy fitted?

Just wondering about quality etc.

Thanks

Neil

I needed curved vertical blinds for a bay window.
Got the curved track made by the people that supply them to most blinds
manufacturers.
Got the louvres sewn by a local company.
Got the weights/ hangars from ebay.
Saved over 100 pounds.
They sting you for curved ones, and say "oooooh, they're custom made"
etc, then charge
a huge markup on the tracks.
For straight ones, argos are good, although the fabrics are limited.
Warning - the colours often look different for a finished blind than
small samples.
Choose you colours carefully !
All the best,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"Neil D." wrote in message
Hi, has anyone used any of the online companies and diy fitted?

Just wondering about quality etc.

Thanks

Neil

Knighton Blinds (found in eBay) do 3 blinds made to measure for £ 70
or 6 blinds for £ 150

Easy to put up but they are thin, i.e. if its windy they blow about alot
--
Vass