Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fixit

Default getting the most from AA cells

AJH wrote:
A happy new year all and a poser.

My wife was given a camera which uses 2 AA cells. Because I doubt she
will use it much I put 2 ordinary alkaline dry cells in it, it shows
discharged after about 40 frames stored.

Now these cells still show 1.45V so I am wondering what piece of
equipment would make use of the remaining charge. I am thinking
probably a LED torch of some sort?

I could buy some NiMH cells for it, Nicads are expressly warned
against, but my experience of NiMH is they are great for regular use
then fail quickly but have a high self discharge if left for long
periods.

AJH

I use NiMh in mine with no problems and they have more life than most Dry
cells

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:30:46 GMT, "Mr Fixit"
wrote:

| AJH wrote:
| A happy new year all and a poser.
|
| My wife was given a camera which uses 2 AA cells. Because I doubt she
| will use it much I put 2 ordinary alkaline dry cells in it, it shows
| discharged after about 40 frames stored.
|
| Now these cells still show 1.45V so I am wondering what piece of
| equipment would make use of the remaining charge. I am thinking
| probably a LED torch of some sort?
|
| I could buy some NiMH cells for it, Nicads are expressly warned
| against, but my experience of NiMH is they are great for regular use
| then fail quickly but have a high self discharge if left for long
| periods.
|
| AJH
| I use NiMh in mine with no problems and they have more life than most Dry
| cells

Zinc - carbon perhaps, but *not* alkalines which have a shelf life of
a few years.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts