Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default Best Matt emulsion that needs one coat + Roller

Hi,

I am going to paint most of a 2 bedroom bungalow's interior walls and
ceilings in matt emulsion probably going to do most of it brilliant
white (might do sitting room with cream walls). Please could you
recommend a readily available matt emulsion that will need only one
coat (the walls don't have strong colours on most of them are faded
white). The ceilings are quite high I was thinking of getting a large
roller on an expanding pole is there a better brand of roller or type
to do this kind of thing to give a better finish and get the job done
quicker?

Thankyou.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:37:09 GMT, Stuart Noble

Hi,

I am going to paint most of a 2 bedroom bungalow's interior walls and
ceilings in matt emulsion probably going to do most of it brilliant
white (might do sitting room with cream walls). Please could you
recommend a readily available matt emulsion that will need only one
coat (the walls don't have strong colours on most of them are faded
white). The ceilings are quite high I was thinking of getting a large
roller on an expanding pole is there a better brand of roller or type
to do this kind of thing to give a better finish and get the job done
quicker?

Thankyou.

I prefer Crown to Dulux but neither will give you a good finish with one
coat,

Now I prefer Dulux to Crown, but Chacun a son Gout :-)

I've never tried paint pads, but many folks swear by them.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Christian McArdle

I am going to paint most of a 2 bedroom bungalow's interior walls and
ceilings in matt emulsion probably going to do most of it brilliant
white (might do sitting room with cream walls). Please could you
recommend a readily available matt emulsion that will need only one
coat.

Dulux Trade High Cover Matt.

http://www.duluxtrade.co.uk/webapp/w...sheets/437.pdf

Obtainable from Dulux Decorator Centres.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Ian White

Hi,

I am going to paint most of a 2 bedroom bungalow's interior walls and
ceilings in matt emulsion probably going to do most of it brilliant
white (might do sitting room with cream walls). Please could you
recommend a readily available matt emulsion that will need only one
coat (the walls don't have strong colours on most of them are faded
white). The ceilings are quite high I was thinking of getting a large
roller on an expanding pole is there a better brand of roller or type
to do this kind of thing to give a better finish and get the job done
quicker?

Johnstone's Ultramatt will almost cover new pink plaster in a single
coat, so it may well do your job.

--
Ian White

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
tom patton

Dulux Trade High Cover Matt.-I give this stuff 10 out of 10 for depth of
cover.
Just applied by 9 inch roller 10 litres of this stuff straight on to new
plastered plaster board walls one wall was original plaster on brick which I
drew on with black fibre tip 3 coats of vinyl matt and you could still see
the marks-one coat of trade matt--gone--.
The only potential drawback is if you apply it thick you get a rough texture
effect-and-if you go over areas to increase thickness when wet the whole lot
comes off--
available in B&Q

http://www.duluxtrade.co.uk/webapp/w...sheets/437.pdf

Obtainable from Dulux Decorator Centres.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:

You're crossposting you pillock.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

You're crossposting you pillock.

There's nothing wrong with crossposting, provided it is of on-topic subjects
to appropriate groups. Admittedly, uk.comp.homebuilt isn't particular
appropriate, but perhaps the OP thought that it was about homebuilding,
rather than computer assembly...

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt

Thanks for all your useful replies. Sorry about the cross posting. I
think I will be doing some painting so will be buying some of the
products you mentioned but I am intregued about the washing would you
use warm water with a little washing up liquid and a sponge or just
warm water on the sponge?

Patchy emulsion.. ben UK diy 3 August 8th 05 12:33 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 06:17 PM
emulsion paint (matt) finish JohnBoy UK diy 3 January 19th 05 11:58 AM
Contractor skipped second of three stucco coats. Fran Home Repair 9 May 21st 04 04:37 AM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 9th 04 12:13 AM