Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sadly

Default Is 20.8 litres/min any good?

Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow
(20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).

How good is this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On 28 Dec 2005 06:47:01 -0800, "Sadly" wrote:

Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow
(20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).

How good is this?

It's better than it could be, but Sadly not as good as it might be.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Sadly" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow
(20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).

How good is this?

Not that brilliant. You can improve the flow by installing a full bore
stopcock. What do you intend to do with this flow? How many baths, showers,
etc?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow
(20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).

It is acceptable, but not good. However, kitchen taps aren't all they used
to be. Modern designs are quite restrictive and in some cases, the total
flow available to your house will actually be higher.

I would certainly not hesitate to use this flow rate for a combi boiler, if
one was suitable for the domestic requirements. However, I would not spend
money on an unvented cylinder or heat bank, as the full benefit would not be
obtained without the addition of an accumulator.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 28 Dec 2005 06:47:01 -0800, "Sadly" wrote:

| Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow
| (20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).
|
| How good is this?

Better than mine which I have been satisfied with for years.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts