Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default Electric Double Oven Supply

"Peter Ramm" wrote in message
Have just bought one - it will be delivered next week. Does anyone
know if they come with a "30Amp cable" already attached for
connection straight in to cooker outlet point or do you have to fit a
length of cable yourself?
Having had a look at cooker outlook point it is fed with 4sqmm cable.
The cooker need a 30Amp supply (the 4sqmm terminates in CU with 32Amp
breaker) - if there is no cable with cooker can I use 2.5t&e from
cooker outlet point to cooker - It looks like it will not be easy to
use 4sqmm ie putting another 4sqmm cable in to the same connection
point where the 4sqmm supply terminates.

(PS As an aside is 4sqmm on its way out? - I couldn't see it in
Screwfix - if you had to use 6sqmm as in my case, I doubt if the
cooker connection point would take two of them)

(PPS the oven has gas burners - I have an existing gas cooker via a
bayonet type fitting. British Gas wanted 66 pounds to disconnect the
old oven and 66 pounds to connect the new - bargain !!)
--
Pete Ramm
LID

Tail is not furnished with the appliance.
Add about 1.75 metre (5.5ft) tail of 6-10mm2 twin & earth cable from rear of
cooker to wall box outlet, assuming there will be about 2" (51mm) clearance
between its rear and the back wall. If too restricted, you would reposition
outlet so it is "out of field". This tail allows for easy commissioning and
full extraction in situ maintenance. Good Earthing is essential.
If appropriate, the wall box should handle first a fixed cable and later a
tail of same 4mm2 size.
Make sure the shelf that double-oven sits on is vented with a few 30mm dia
holes, and that there is about 100mm gap between its top and underside of
upper cupboard.
Gas bayonet fixing is for easy connect/disconnect. Assume you'ld do it
yourself!
Jim

Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
Electric shocks (was: 100V appliance on 110v power supply) TJ Hertz Electronics 19 June 3rd 05 11:22 PM
Electric Oven Robert Bashford UK diy 5 March 8th 05 02:26 PM
Double oven +microwave combi bigbrian UK diy 0 March 22nd 04 11:16 AM
Undergrounding electric supply Nat UK diy 14 September 27th 03 03:23 PM