Built in Oven - Fan loose? Zanussi ZBF360

Old December 7th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built in Oven - Fan loose? Zanussi ZBF360

Hi,

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that
he thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Many Thanks
--
Richard Faulkner
Old December 7th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Faulkner wrote:

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that
he thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

It's pretty easy - you just remove the oven, and the fan is bolted to a
bracket at the back (under the cover).

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Dunno. It's an hour's work tops.

--
Grunff
Old December 7th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
Richard Faulkner wrote:

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that he
thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

It's pretty easy - you just remove the oven, and the fan is bolted to a
bracket at the back (under the cover).

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Dunno. It's an hour's work tops.

I have had the fan retaining nuts fall off inside the oven cavity, just open
the door, remove the shelfs and runners and fan element cover, refit fan and
nut.

Peter

Old December 7th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
powerstation writes

"Grunff" wrote in message
.. .
Richard Faulkner wrote:

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that he
thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

It's pretty easy - you just remove the oven, and the fan is bolted to a
bracket at the back (under the cover).

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Dunno. It's an hour's work tops.

I have had the fan retaining nuts fall off inside the oven cavity, just open
the door, remove the shelfs and runners and fan element cover, refit fan and
nut.

Peter

Thanks to both yourself & Grunff for the quick advice!!

Regds

--
Richard Faulkner
Old December 7th 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Faulkner wrote:
Hi,

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that
he thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Many Thanks

I wouldnt assume that it is. Anything loose can make rattling noises.
If the fan has stopped running, you'll need a new element too. Elements
and fans arent hard to fit, remove the back internally or externally,
depending on design, and replace any faulty bit. Check the connectors
too, as theyre running at very high temps, so can easily burn up, work
loose or oxidise.

NT

Old December 7th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Faulkner submitted this idea :
Hi,

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that he
thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

It happened with our too, not a Zanussi though.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

Very easy... It will probably need to be lifted out, the back cover
removed, then the fan plus motor. In our case it was simply the nut
which had become loose holding the fan onto the motor shaft.

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out - electrolux/zanussi
recommend Service Force.

About an hours work, how much would that cost? (DIY forum :-)

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old December 7th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Faulkner wrote:

One of my tenants tells me that the oven has stopped working, and that
he thinks it is the fan which has come loose.

Any ideas how easy it is to get at the fan and repair/replace it? Any
diagrams on the web? Web based spare parts?

How much is it likely to cost if I get an engineer out -
electrolux/zanussi recommend Service Force.

Well when my dishwasher went wrong recently there was a minimum charge
of 60 GBP for a Proper Bosch Engineer, which bought 30 mins of time;
thereafter about 1 GBP/min IIRC. So I expect something comparable to that.

Have you found an official Zanussi support website? they aften have
exploded parts diagrams etc.

Try:
http://tinyurl.com/ctse2 (or
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=36)
for advice,
http://www.ezee-fix.co.uk/ for spares (never used them myself)

David
Old December 8th 05, 12:39 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
writes
Have you found an official Zanussi support website?

Yes www.zanussi.co.uk

they aften have exploded parts diagrams etc.

No

they send you to their service bunch, (Service Force), who have manuals,
but nothing to do with parts and fitting them.

Try:
http://tinyurl.com/ctse2 (or
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=36)
for advice,
http://www.ezee-fix.co.uk/ for spares (never used them myself)

Cant find the part for this oven, but we'll probably take the back off
if we can, and see how things look.

Thanks again.

--
Richard Faulkner
Old December 8th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Many years ago. we had a Creda Europa fan oven - OK until its motor went
noisily erratic, its shaft almost seized up - I shut oven down, and it
turned out it needed new bearings (sent free of charge in the good old
days). Removed back cover, extracted motor after removing guard and
unlocking internal fan nut - rebuilt induction motor. After that repair, it
lasted 2.5 years.
Meantime, new elements for eye-level grill were fitted easily.
The second time, the fan motor slowed and jammed fast, so -unwitnessed- the
oven element then overheated due to no over-temperature fail-safe, and we
were obliged to skip the whole unit.
Hope your ZE moving parts are fixable.
Jim

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message , Lobster
writes

Old December 8th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard Faulkner wrote:

Cant find the part for this oven, but we'll probably take the back off
if we can, and see how things look.

Thanks again.

take multimeter with you so its not a watsed journey. With that it
shouldnt be hard to find the problem. Find parts by eg googling for the
oven model no and element etc. No reason the replacement need be made
by zanussi.

NT