Posted to uk.d-i-y
Connor T

Default how to change headlight on renault clio?

Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On 6 Dec 2005 07:00:21 -0800, "Connor T"
wrote:

Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Use a big hammer or crowbar. The fusebox will soon be a thing of the
past and the headlight bulb will fit in seconds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Connor T wrote:
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

No instructions in the driver's handbook?

But if you can't get at it because of the fusebox perhaps this removes
easily? Disconnect the battery first, though.

--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak

Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Bad news I'm afraid. My boss had to do just this. Had to take it to a
dealer in the end because it requires the front bumper to be removed.
Cost over £100! Talk about crap design!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article .com,
Connor T wrote:
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

No instructions in the driver's handbook?

But if you can't get at it because of the fusebox perhaps this removes
easily? Disconnect the battery first, though.

I had a similar problem with access on a Celica. My solution was to go to
Halfords and get them to fit it for me. My hands were far too large to get
near to the spring clip.

J.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Tournifreak wrote:
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Bad news I'm afraid. My boss had to do just this. Had to take it to a
dealer in the end because it requires the front bumper to be removed.
Cost over £100! Talk about crap design!

I would wonder - is a car then undrivable without a working headlight bulb?

It's a breakdown, then...

Call the AA out!

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:08:24 UTC, Adrian C wrote:

Tournifreak wrote:
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Bad news I'm afraid. My boss had to do just this. Had to take it to a
dealer in the end because it requires the front bumper to be removed.
Cost over £100! Talk about crap design!

I would wonder - is a car then undrivable without a working headlight bulb?

It's a breakdown, then...

Call the AA out!

Your enterprisiing AA man would probably do a 'get you home' fix (gaffer
tape a torch to the wing?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

"Connor T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Probably easy on a Left Hand Drive. A RHD conversion is often a bodge. I
recall seeing under the bonnet of a A Class Merc - the steering went through
a number of universal joints to cross to the other side of the car.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mindwipe

"john" wrote in message

"Connor T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Probably easy on a Left Hand Drive. A RHD conversion is often a bodge. I
recall seeing under the bonnet of a A Class Merc - the steering went
through a number of universal joints to cross to the other side of the
car.

John

slight anticlockwise twist and pull it back the wires come off with it
fit the new bulb iinto the connector holder(dont touch the glass) then
reinsert and twiist clockwise
a bit fiddly
took me 20 mins the other day to fit an os one then about 5 for the ns one
cos i had got the knack i suppose

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:05:32 UTC, "john" wrote:

"Connor T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any ideas how to change the headlight bulb on a renault clio new shape?
Impossible to get access on the right hand side due to fuse box being
in the way!!!

Probably easy on a Left Hand Drive. A RHD conversion is often a bodge. I
recall seeing under the bonnet of a A Class Merc - the steering went through
a number of universal joints to cross to the other side of the car.

I can't see why a RHD car would have to have the fuse box moved...!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
SimonJ

I can't see why a RHD car would have to have the fuse box moved...!

The fusebox on the lhd may have been placed where the brake servo, or
steering linkage needs to be for the rhd.