Jase

Default Electric Shower problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my shower... I switch on the double pole switch
and the red light comes on (which tells me that there is power), but
when you switch on the shower the red light on the double pole switch
goes out and no water comes out of the shower. It has been working
fine for about two years.

Any advice would be appreciated

Jason
Lee Blaver

Jase wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with my shower... I switch on the double pole switch
and the red light comes on (which tells me that there is power), but
when you switch on the shower the red light on the double pole switch
goes out and no water comes out of the shower. It has been working
fine for about two years.

Any advice would be appreciated

Jason

Sounds most like a burnt out switch, or looses/broken connection. I
would have expected either to have been accompanied previously by a
smell of overheating...
Also, have you checked that the shower MCB
or fuse hasn't tripped and the neon is just lighting due to a stray
leakage current from somewhere?

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com