Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave smith

Default Loovent Extract Fan

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me before I buy one) if it is ok to fit a small loovent extract fan and wire it from the lighting circuit or do I have to wire it from the ring main?

TIA
Dave.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave stanton

Before you fix your loo vent, could you fix your newsreader. Its posting
lines longer than 80 chars.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave smith

"dave stanton" wrote in message
news
Before you fix your loo vent, could you fix your newsreader. Its posting
lines longer than 80 chars.

Dave

Thank you Dave I Didn't realise. Should be OK now.

So,
Can anyone tell me (before I buy one) if it is ok to fit a small loovent
extract fan and wire it from the lighting circuit or do I have to wire it
from the ring main?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave smith

"Owain" wrote in message
dave smith wrote:
Can anyone tell me before I buy one) if it is ok to fit a small loovent

extract fan

Ask the wife first.

and wire it from the lighting circuit

Yes. You will need a double-pole (or if it is the sort of fan with a
run-on timer, triple-pole) isolator which must be either within sight of
the fan or lockable-off, for maintenance. You can get "fan isolator
switch" in the DIY sheds or online.

or do I have to wire it from the ring main?

No, but if you did it would have to be wired through a fused connection
unit with a 3A fuse.

If in a bathroom or shower room, Part Pee of the Building Regs will
apply in England and Wales.

Owain

Thanks Owain.

150mm extract ducting - source? Dave UK diy 7 July 28th 05 12:49 AM
Bathroom extraction fans - extract to undefloor space? DaveŁ UK diy 7 November 22nd 04 12:24 AM
Need an idea for an extract grill Rick Hughes UK diy 7 July 8th 04 11:11 PM
Gas fire flue extract... Magog UK diy 0 February 28th 04 01:46 PM
Bathroom extract fan problem [email protected] UK diy 0 November 3rd 03 10:16 AM