Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ken Adam

Default LPG Boiler vent and extractor fan siting query

We are in the process of buying a rural cottage which has a wall mounted LPG
CH boiler, and an LPG Aga.
Two questions:
1) My wife would like have a ducted extractor from above the Aga, but the
only place to take it through the wall is beside the boiler. What are the
limitations on distance between the vent and the flue? Would I need to fit a
"chimney" to the vent to increase the distance from the flue?
2) We'd prefer to hide the boiler behind a fake wall cupboard door (no
actual cupboard, just a removable panel across the front. Is this OK? Agin
what clearance would apply?

Is there somewhere I can read up about this?

Thanks for your help,
Ken

Ken Adam
"Technology is pictures, not words"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

In article , Ken
Adam writes
We are in the process of buying a rural cottage which has a wall mounted LPG
CH boiler, and an LPG Aga.
Two questions:
1) My wife would like have a ducted extractor from above the Aga, but the
only place to take it through the wall is beside the boiler. What are the
limitations on distance between the vent and the flue? Would I need to fit a
"chimney" to the vent to increase the distance from the flue?
2) We'd prefer to hide the boiler behind a fake wall cupboard door (no
actual cupboard, just a removable panel across the front. Is this OK? Agin
what clearance would apply?

Is there somewhere I can read up about this?

The manufacturer's installation instructions are the definitive guide and
probably the easiest to obtain, usually from the mfr website.

There are some generic rules about flue siting that are present in all
installer guides and from mine, the closest I can find to your no.1 is
"Horizontally from a terminal on the same wall - 300mm" but note
"Vertically from a terminal on the same wall - 1500mm". Whilst your outlet
is not a 'terminal' I think that this rule would be a safe starting point.

On point no.2 I think you would be safe but you must look at the mfrs
restrictions in the installer guide, some say not to be enclosed _at_all_.

HTH
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla