Default I'm drilling a hole...

Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

Slurp

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

'Day job' and 'don't give it up' spring to mind

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

Is there an airbrick or ventilator grill close?

--
*If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
dave stanton

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:58:35 -0800, michaelrmgreen wrote:

Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

Make sure it slopes to the outside, then rain water wont run into your
wall.

Dave

dave stanton

I've seen the holes silconed round the entry point to also stop water
coming in.

Sky install by any chance.....

Dave

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article .com,
wrote:
Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

Is there an airbrick or ventilator grill close?

Bad boy - you're not meant to put wires or pipes through air bricks

--
geoff

dave stanton wrote:
I've seen the holes silconed round the entry point to also stop water
coming in.

Sky install by any chance.....

Dave

No idea. Might have been. I've seen another grommet type jobby which
can be placed against the wall. Not sure whether this actually solves
any water problems or just covers up the ugly holes/too much break-out.

When Sky installed for me they went through the window frame using a
masonry drill bit! This caused a crapload of splintering on the outside
of the frame. They didn't bother siliconing that, that's for sure.
Which reminds me, I must get round to sorting that soon.

Dark Angel

"david lang" wrote in message...
Don't drill there, drill it elsewhere
Your drilling it round and it ought to be square
The shape of it's wrong, it's much much too long
And you can't put hole where a hole don't belong..........................

....and I bet you've got that old Bernard Cribbins album haven't you?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)

Thanks to all who replied. Especially the 'don't give up the day job'
guy.