Sean Delere

Default Help - Replacement Kitchen drawer runners

Im trying to replace one of my kitchen drawer runners that has finally
given
in under the strain of a dozen heavy pots and pans. I managed to buy one
last year from Homebase but they seem to have stopped selling them. Does
anyone know where I can buy one now ? The runner is about 10inches long, 2
inches wide and made of metal. There is a similar piece of metal that

slides
inside the outside piece with a plastic thing that lives between the two

and
houses some ball bearings to allow them to slide.

If you order now you should get it tomorrow from Screwfix.

Failing that I would try a large B&Q or if you are really desperate buy the
cheapest drawer unit you can find and use one from that.

A kitchen shop in the high street may also have one knocking about they may
be willing to sell you.

Sean

Simon

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Todd Gibbs wrote:

Im trying to replace one of my kitchen drawer runners

Sorry can't help. But does anyone know where you can get extending
runners, so you can pull the drawer right out?

--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

Nigel Mercier ? wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Todd Gibbs wrote:

Im trying to replace one of my kitchen drawer runners

Sorry can't help. But does anyone know where you can get extending
runners, so you can pull the drawer right out?

Hettich make (and sell) them, I equipped all of our new kitchen
drawers with Hettich runners and they're excellent. They're mostly
rated for 30kg loading in the drawer and some go up to 50kg or more.

The ones that allow full withdrawal of the drawer have a special name
"full extension" I think.

Their web site is http://www.hettich.com/uk/index.html, it's a little
'idiosyncratic' shall we say, but there is a huge amount of useful
information there. They will supply direct with credit card payment.

--
Chris Green )