Default Briggs & Stratton 16 HP engine-points actuating rod not moving enough ?

Without having to take apart this engine- can someone please refresh my
memory, as to what cam or eccentric actuates the points rod on a Briggs
16 HP engine, vertical cylinder ?

It's in a ' 72 Mont. Ward lawn tractor- it had intermittent then no
spark- and the points are not opening/closing enough to run the engine.
I've had a 9HP apart before, but that was a LONG time ago-

whatever makes the points actuating rod move in/out appears to be worn
to the point the rod barely moves back and forth

also, do they make an electronic conversion to do away with points on
this engine ?

thanks

UNIVERSAL MIND

how do I find out how many magnets my flywheel has- without having to
remove the entire engine.