MikeR

Default Roofing felt split and leaking

The felt on my garage roof has cracked where it folds at the edge of
the roof. I believe it is possible to patch a new piece of felt over
the crack. Can anyone recommend the best "sticky stuff" to make a water
proof patch without resorting to hot bitumen.

Thanks Mike

Dave Fawthrop

On 6 Nov 2005 01:07:52 -0800, "MikeR" wrote:

| The felt on my garage roof has cracked where it folds at the edge of
| the roof. I believe it is possible to patch a new piece of felt over
| the crack. Can anyone recommend the best "sticky stuff" to make a water
| proof patch without resorting to hot bitumen.

Cold bitumen! comes in large tins, Wear old clothes.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Lobster

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 6 Nov 2005 01:07:52 -0800, "MikeR" wrote:

| The felt on my garage roof has cracked where it folds at the edge of
| the roof. I believe it is possible to patch a new piece of felt over
| the crack. Can anyone recommend the best "sticky stuff" to make a water
| proof patch without resorting to hot bitumen.

Cold bitumen! comes in large tins, Wear old clothes.

I did just that myself; and you can buy that gravel-textured roofing
felt in rolls about 12" wide which is perfect for the job. (Both
bitumen and felt were from Wickes).

David
dg

Use some Flashband, a tube of silicone, or something like Acropol

dg