Antski

Default Replacing Hotpoint WMA30 Washing Machine Bearings

Any ideas how to get to the bearings?

I have completely dismantled the machine and drum but cannot loosen the
bolt off the rear of the drum that holds the belt wheel on. I think it
should be loosened anti-clockwise and probably needs an impact to get
started?

I'm worried about shearing the bolt head off.

My other option is to buy the entire rear part of the drum
pre-assembled but this is appx £80 as opposed to a tenner for the
bearings!

help greatly appreciated

s p o n i x

On 28 Oct 2005 01:17:15 -0700, "Antski"
wrote:

Any ideas how to get to the bearings?

I have completely dismantled the machine and drum but cannot loosen the
bolt off the rear of the drum that holds the belt wheel on. I think it
should be loosened anti-clockwise and probably needs an impact to get
started?

They are done up very tight to prevent them coming loose in operation.

I'm worried about shearing the bolt head off.

That's a possibility but the machine currently doesn't work so what
have you got to lose?

My other option is to buy the entire rear part of the drum
pre-assembled but this is appx =A380 as opposed to a tenner for the
bearings!

s p o n i x

wrote:

Any ideas how to get to the bearings?

Just done a google search and apparently Hotpoint recalled these
machines because they had sub-standard drum bearings fitted:

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...topic.php%3Fp%

sponix
Lurch

On or around 28 Oct 2005 01:17:15 -0700, "Antski"
mused:

Any ideas how to get to the bearings?

Yep.

I have completely dismantled the machine and drum but cannot loosen the
bolt off the rear of the drum that holds the belt wheel on. I think it
should be loosened anti-clockwise and probably needs an impact to get
started?

Nope, just a decent lever. I use a 3' breaker bar with a socket.

I'm worried about shearing the bolt head off.

Pah!

My other option is to buy the entire rear part of the drum
pre-assembled but this is appx £80 as opposed to a tenner for the
bearings!

I can do you a preassembled back half for less than that!
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |

replacing a washing machine timer Mark Corbelli Home Repair 7 February 12th 05 02:40 AM
HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Replace bearings in Hotpoint WM64 washing machine BigWallop UK diy 23 May 27th 04 04:30 PM
Hotpoint Washing Machine Problem Nick UK diy 2 March 16th 04 10:31 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM