Murmansk69

Default Bosch washer from Comet - who does the servicing

A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and
it's got a two year guarantee.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it
but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet
would do it.

Anyone got any experience of Bosch washers from Comet and what happens
when they go wrong? Have Comet got some sort of arrangement with Bosch
where they (Comet) do the repairs under warranty?

mark blackall

I guess this is an example of the retailer 'buying out' the warranties on
new machines. They then can sell them cheaper as they use their in house
repair shop (like MasterCare who are really bad in my experience). The Bosch
might be different though as Bosch seem to come with a longer warranty as
standard.

"Murmansk69" wrote in message
ups.com...
A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and
it's got a two year guarantee.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it
but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet
would do it.

Anyone got any experience of Bosch washers from Comet and what happens
when they go wrong? Have Comet got some sort of arrangement with Bosch
where they (Comet) do the repairs under warranty?

:::Jerry::::

"mark blackall" wrote in message

[ context snipped due to previous top posting ]
I guess this is an example of the retailer 'buying out' the

warranties on
new machines. They then can sell them cheaper as they use their in

house
repair shop (like MasterCare who are really bad in my experience).

The Bosch
might be different though as Bosch seem to come with a longer

warranty as
standard.

Customer (non) care calls for Bosch and two other makes are certainly
diverted away from the normal comet (non) care lines so you might
well be correct - but who in their right mind would buy from Comet
with their "F*ck you" 'cos we have your money attitude...

--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On 21 Oct 2005 05:36:44 -0700, "Murmansk69"
wrote:

A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and
it's got a two year guarantee.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it
but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet
would do it.

Someone from Comet would most likely be sent out to repair it.

sponix
Joy Marshall

Murmansk69 wrote:
A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and
it's got a two year guarantee.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it
but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet
would do it.

Anyone got any experience of Bosch washers from Comet and what happens
when they go wrong? Have Comet got some sort of arrangement with Bosch
where they (Comet) do the repairs under warranty?

I recently bought a Bosch washer from Comet (online though) and it comes
with a 12 month guarantee from Bosch. There should be a leaflet in the
box which you fill in when you register your machine with Bosch and that
gives you a further 12 months free. The total 2-year warranty is with
Bosch, not Comet if done this way and therefore Bosch should be
contacted if there is a problem. If your friend bought the warranty
through Comet, I have no idea.

Joy

--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:32:34 +0100, "mark blackall"
wrote:

I guess this is an example of the retailer 'buying out' the warranties on
new machines.

I think Amstrad pioneered this in the late eighties/early nineties.

Amstrad would sell product to retailers at vastly reduced prices on
the understanding that retailers handled all servicing and repairs.

sponix

Lurch

On 21 Oct 2005 05:36:44 -0700, "Murmansk69"
scrawled:

A friend of mine has just bought a Bosch washing machine from Comet and
it's got a two year guarantee.

They come (or came) with a 2 year guarantee from anywhere.

I'd have thought that if it went wrong someone from Bosch would fix it
but my friend has been given the impression that someone from Comet
would do it.

Who gave this impression to your friend? Why not ask Comet?

Anyone got any experience of Bosch washers from Comet and what happens
when they go wrong? Have Comet got some sort of arrangement with Bosch
where they (Comet) do the repairs under warranty?

Not from Comet, but generally the manufacturers look after the machine
under manufacturers warranty periods and aftersales teams look after
extended retail warranties.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Chuck Chops-Celery

I bought a dishwasher from Comet and had an engineer out twice, once
within the year, once just before the two year warrenty expired. Both
times a Bosch engineer came out. Two repairs in two years on the
top-of-the-range (well nearly) machine, however, is not great!

Lurch

On 21 Oct 2005 12:02:02 -0700, "Chuck Chops-Celery"
scrawled:

I bought a dishwasher from Comet and had an engineer out twice, once
within the year, once just before the two year warrenty expired. Both
times a Bosch engineer came out. Two repairs in two years on the
top-of-the-range (well nearly) machine, however, is not great!

Depends what the problems were, why there were problems in the first
place and the ratio of faulty machines:non faulty machines to make
that comment worth anything at all.

Also depends on your definition of "top of the range" and how long ago
this was, (obviously more than 2 years).
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Chuck Chops-Celery

Lurch wrote:
Depends what the problems were, why there were problems in the first
place and the ratio of faulty machines:non faulty machines to make
that comment worth anything at all.

Also depends on your definition of "top of the range" and how long ago
this was, (obviously more than 2 years).
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

Don't get me wrong I like Bosch. Top of the range = Logixx. It was one
from the top of the then current range . Age of machine, two and a half
years, so still nearly new as far as I'm concerned. First problem leak,
second problem electronics.