maxman

Default Perspex - trying to find a supplier

I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

John

"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.gcip.co.uk/EP/ep.htm

John.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

maxman wrote:
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Glaziers,Model/Art, shops for that size.
Or your nearest bus stop shelter. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
maxman wrote:
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.

Have you looked up Yellow Pages for a sign maker?

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Sorry, can't help.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
The3rd Earl Of Derby

John wrote:
"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size
(approx. 24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble
is that for the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the
stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.gcip.co.uk/EP/ep.htm

John.

Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Baz

"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Pop this into your browser.
http://tinyurl.com/d3elb

Baz

MrBlueSkye

"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size (approx.
24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble is that for
the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the stuff.
Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?
Thanks

www.peninsulaplastics.co.uk Merseyside 0151 650 0900. Manchester 0161 476
2025

www.mrplastic.org in Heyridge (head Off 01621 842000) Cardiff, Ipswich,
Rainham, Eastwood and Colchester

Sol Systems Banbury 01295 255536

John

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
John wrote:
"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size
(approx. 24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble
is that for the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the
stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.gcip.co.uk/EP/ep.htm

John.

Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Why not? Second para. down states:

Cut pieces or full rod, sheet and plate - with no minumum or maximum
quantity - are, in most cases, delivered next day.

John.

Capitol

One of your local glaziers should be able to supply you. Normally they
will stock polycarbonate and acrylic sheet rather than Perspex.

Hope this helps

Regards
Capitol

The3rd Earl Of Derby

John wrote:
"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size
(approx. 24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble
is that for the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells
the stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are
likely to supply this ?

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.gcip.co.uk/EP/ep.htm

John.

Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Why not? Second para. down states:

Cut pieces or full rod, sheet and plate - with no minumum or maximum
quantity - are, in most cases, delivered next day.

John.

But hidden in there will be a minimium size you will have to buy for them
to cut to your size.
Its like a lenght of wood if you want a four foot piece of wood you have to
buy a 2 meter lenght to get the four foot piece.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
John wrote:
"maxman" wrote in message
I need to get hold of some perspex that's already cut to size
(approx. 24 x 19 inches but will need to double check that) trouble
is that for the life of me I can't find anyone locally who sells the
stuff.

Can anyone recommend any mail order or online places that are likely
to supply this ?

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.gcip.co.uk/EP/ep.htm

John.

Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)

Wickes or B&Q should be able to sell something like that

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

.... Whose sig sep doesn't work - looks like you missed out the space

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)

Wickes or B&Q should be able to sell something like that

I've never seen Perspex on sale in any B&Q.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
raden wrote:
Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)

Wickes or B&Q should be able to sell something like that

I've never seen Perspex on sale in any B&Q.

Never been in B&Q, but I'd imagine it would be with the wood sheeting(no
not shi**ing) section. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

John Schmitt

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:55:21 +0100, Mr Fizzion
wrote:

They have it (clear acrylic sheet, not actually Perspex) in my local
B&Q.

Well that is perspex isn't it?

Yes and no. The differences in capitalisation of the word rather give it
away. Is your hoover a Hoover, an Elecrolux or a Dyson? Certain products
like Rawlplug become generic terms in common usage. In the UK perspex is a
generic word for PMMA plastic, whereas Perspex was a registered trade
name. In the US, lucite is the generic term for plastics like Lucite
(TM)(a PMMA), who now actually own the Perspex trade mark. If my memory
serves, the Perspex trademark originated at ICI.

John Schmitt

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mr Fizzion wrote:
I've never seen Perspex on sale in any B&Q.

They have it (clear acrylic sheet, not actually Perspex) in my local
B&Q.

Well that is perspex isn't it?

Same thing. But I was really thinking of the coloured stuff I'd say the OP
wants.

--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Rob Morley wrote:
They have it (clear acrylic sheet, not actually Perspex) in my
local B&Q.

Well that is perspex isn't it?

Same thing. But I was really thinking of the coloured stuff I'd say
the OP wants.

I didn't see any mention of colour.

True. But if all that was needed was a clear bit of plastic I'd have
thought it easy to get anywhere.

But then this is the problem when someone asks a question and then doesn't
read the replies quickly - if at all - and give feedback.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
raden wrote:
Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)

Wickes or B&Q should be able to sell something like that

I've never seen Perspex on sale in any B&Q.

Well, I've bought it from one of the sheds (4' x 2' and 6' x 3' ish)

Can't remember which one, it's some time since I went in one

--
geoff
Stevie

raden wrote:
Somehow I don't think that firm will sell him a 24"x19" piece. :-)

Wickes or B&Q should be able to sell something like that

I've never seen Perspex on sale in any B&Q.

Well, I've bought it from one of the sheds (4' x 2' and 6' x 3' ish)

Can't remember which one, it's some time since I went in one

The B&Q superstore certainly sell it up my way (Glasgow).