david lang

Default Alien Spaceship at Potters Bar - Slightly OT

Hi

Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

Been there twice in the last month and both times my sat nav has locked out
completely - only way to reset is to disconnect the battery.

What the hell is doing that?

Dave

raden

In message , david lang
writes
Hi

Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

Been there twice in the last month and both times my sat nav has locked out
completely - only way to reset is to disconnect the battery.

What the hell is doing that?

Knackered SatNav - the services are at South Mimms (J23)

Potters Bar is the next junction east (J24)

It's THEM, monitoring your every move before they suck your brains out.

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
david lang wrote:
Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

Been there twice in the last month and both times my sat nav has locked
out completely - only way to reset is to disconnect the battery.

What the hell is doing that?

It would seem that Drivel lives fairly close to there by his love of MK,
etc. So his transporter to Zog might well interfere.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Bob Eager

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:22:15 UTC, "david lang"
wrote:

Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

ITYM South Mimms...Potters Bar is the next junction...

John Rumm

david lang wrote:

Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

Been there twice in the last month and both times my sat nav has locked out
completely - only way to reset is to disconnect the battery.

What the hell is doing that?

EMC problem perhaps... Any big transmitters in the area?

--
Cheers,

John.

Andrew Mawson

"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Hi

Anyone here with sat nav in their car ever visited the M25 services

at
Potters Bar, junction with the A1?

Been there twice in the last month and both times my sat nav has

locked out
completely - only way to reset is to disconnect the battery.

What the hell is doing that?

Dave

Look on the skyline - see that big transmitter mast ! That's the BBC
Brookmans Park transmitter swamping you with RF

AWEM

T i m

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:40:37 +0000 (UTC), "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

What the hell is doing that?

Dave

Look on the skyline - see that big transmitter mast ! That's the BBC
Brookmans Park transmitter swamping you with RF

My little Garmin GPS V copes round there ok (did so twice last week ..
and driving past Brookmans Park)?

It's only ever locked up once and that was down to some faulty
firmware (re flashed it with the previous version with the laptop in a
carpark and all was well again g).

It has recorded my max speed at 440 mph once though .. and I haven't
even got a Prius!

All the best ..

T i m

John Schmitt

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:45:35 +0100, T i m wrote:

My little Garmin GPS V copes round there ok (did so twice last week ..
and driving past Brookmans Park)?

It has recorded my max speed at 440 mph once though .. and I haven't
even got a Prius!

My Garmin suggested a max speed of something in excess of 2800 mph. I do
not own a hotted-up SR-71. Perhaps it was down to using it in the US
followed by UK that did it.

John Schmitt

T i m

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:48:17 +0100, "John Schmitt"
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:45:35 +0100, T i m wrote:

My little Garmin GPS V copes round there ok (did so twice last week ..
and driving past Brookmans Park)?

It has recorded my max speed at 440 mph once though .. and I haven't
even got a Prius!

My Garmin suggested a max speed of something in excess of 2800 mph. I do
not own a hotted-up SR-71.

That would be a cool screen to show yer mates down the pub when they
were boasting about their car speeds though wouldn't it .. ;-)

SR-71 'GTi' (with afterburners) ;-)

Perhaps it was down to using it in the US
followed by UK that did it.

That could be it .. it was homesick and wanted to get back fast?

Maybe like Al Murray (The Pub Landlord) says about the 'Chunnel' and
the speed differences between English and French trains ... It's not
that the trains can't go fast over here just they prefer it here and
want to spend as little time in France as possible! ;-)

Well, it is Friday .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m
Chris Hodges

T i m wrote:
It has recorded my max speed at 440 mph once though .. and I haven't
even got a Prius!

My garmin overreads the max speed everytime I go for a walk (I've often
had over 20km/h displayed).

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk

Slightly distorted picture. Albert Grennock Electronics Repair 12 October 7th 05 11:56 PM
Free Potters Kickwheel Gunner Asch Metalworking 1 October 5th 05 10:54 AM
TopCote - how is the metal surface supposed to be after treatment? mine is slightly sticky Daniel H Woodworking 5 September 7th 05 02:39 PM
Dried Alien Goo Maria UK diy 4 March 12th 05 06:13 PM
Drop front is slightly warped. Toller Woodworking 0 April 19th 04 04:14 AM