news

Default worlds cheapest condensing boiler ?

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

- downward firing burner
- one piece heat exchanger.

Anything less is silly.

Richard Conway

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

- downward firing burner
- one piece heat exchanger.

Anything less is silly.

But still what the OP asked for.

Doctor Drivel

"Richard Conway" confusingly wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

- downward firing burner
- one piece heat exchanger.

Anything less is silly.

But still what the OP asked for.

Russ, I will not encourage cowboys. This cowboy man must be redeemed, and
the bad thoughts purged from his mind.

news

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's finished so
low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Richard Conway

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"news" wrote in message

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

- downward firing burner
- one piece heat exchanger.

Anything less is silly.

But still what the OP asked for.

Russ, I will not encourage cowboys. This cowboy man must be redeemed, and
the bad thoughts purged from his mind.

Good luck with the redemption and the purging then.
Peter Taylor

"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's finished
so
low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Hitching up my Beeny Bra for a mo, I'd say the cost of replacing the boiler
will probably be more than the amount you'd lose off the price of the house
if you left it, but then maybe that's not the issue. A really cheapo boiler
that I'd need to replace soon could put me off buying )

Peter

Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's finished

so
low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

news

Peter Taylor wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's
finished so
low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Hitching up my Beeny Bra for a mo, I'd say the cost of replacing the
boiler will probably be more than the amount you'd lose off the price
of the house if you left it, but then maybe that's not the issue. A
really cheapo boiler that I'd need to replace soon could put me off
buying )

iswym. but

how about buying a house with a fubar boiler that the local plumber will
quote £1k+ for fitting ? no, neither would I. buying a house with a new boiler
with the reciept taped to the front of it would set my mind at ease somewhat.

I can get a new boiler installed for £100 and a homemade curry/pizza and that
includes connecting an aditional radiator, so all I'm after is the cheapest boiler.

the boiler is at least 20 years old and sadly fubar. in the last year it's gas valve
has been replaced, the diverter valve was replaced and now it's diaphgram is
split. oh, and it's blowing fuses which points to the circuit board.

so, cheapest condensing combi anyone ?

news

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's
finished so low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

it's only crap in your opinion and neither i nor the prospective buyer
(or 99.9% of usenet for that matter) give any weight to that.

Richard Conway

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"news" wrote in message

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's finished

so

low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

What's better - one expensive combi or two cheap ones?
Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's
finished so low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

it's only crap in your opinion

The are crap - fact!!!. They have secondary heat exchangers. They are prone
to early failure.

Doctor Drivel

"Richard Conway" had a big thought and wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"news" wrote in message

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's

finished

so

low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

What's better - one expensive combi or two cheap ones?

Russ/Andy, Two combis that are not cheap and "nasty". Now do some thinking
about that, then you will be a better man for it.

news

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

I will not entertain cheapos. Get a boiloer with:

where can I purchase a 'boiloer' ? and what does one look like ?

the house the boiler is going into is up for sale as soon as it's
finished so low price is the prime concern.

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

Then someone else has to out up with the crap you fitted.

it's only crap in your opinion

The are crap - fact!!!. They have secondary heat exchangers. They are
prone to early failure.

I don't care. if I get any comebacks I'll point the buyers to trading standards
and the SOG acts durability / fit for purpose section. if you can point me in
the direction of the cheapest boiler, please do. if not, why bother wasting
your time replying ?

Tony Bryer

In article , News wrote:
I don't care. if I get any comebacks I'll point the buyers to
trading standards and the SOG acts durability / fit for purpose
section.

The buyers will have no comeback surely: they didn't buy the boiler.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

news

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , News wrote:
I don't care. if I get any comebacks I'll point the buyers to
trading standards and the SOG acts durability / fit for purpose
section.

The buyers will have no comeback surely: they didn't buy the boiler.

crikey, this is tiring.

what I don't want is a buyer to try it on alleging that I knew that the boiler
was fubar at the point of sale. I'll fit a new boiler, give the buyer the reciept
and sleep easy. the profit from the sale of the house waaay exceeds the cost
of the boiler+installation £+curry for brother in law and in the meantime the
people living in the property won't be living with a dodgy boiler which may
pack up altogether, mid winter. given it's recent track record that is expected!

Paul

news wrote:
not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

Dont know if they are the cheapest but they are cheaper

http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boil...s.asp#wallhung

Paul

So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a one
piece heat exchanger?

Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...
So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a one
piece heat exchanger?

Ideal: Icos, Istar
Keston: all
Viessmann: all
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others
Eco-Hometec
Quantum
Gledhill
Potterton Promax (spit)
Nearly all the expensive top makes.

news

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a
one piece heat exchanger?

Ideal: Icos, Istar
Keston: all
Viessmann: all
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others
Eco-Hometec
Quantum
Gledhill
Potterton Promax (spit)
Nearly all the expensive top makes.

you seem to have missed the point :- cheapest

not best, not your ideal boiler (or mine, for my house) the *cheapest*
condensing combi available in the UK

anyone ?

Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a
one piece heat exchanger?

Ideal: Icos, Istar
Keston: all
Viessmann: all
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others
Eco-Hometec
Quantum
Gledhill
Potterton Promax (spit)
Nearly all the expensive top makes.

you seem to have missed the point :- cheapest

They are cheap. None are nasty.

news

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a
one piece heat exchanger?

Ideal: Icos, Istar
Keston: all
Viessmann: all
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others
Eco-Hometec
Quantum
Gledhill
Potterton Promax (spit)
Nearly all the expensive top makes.

you seem to have missed the point :- cheapest

They are cheap. None are nasty.

good luck with your issues

[plonk]

Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"news" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
So with all this talk of cheap boilers, what make of boilers have a
one piece heat exchanger?

Ideal: Icos, Istar
Keston: all
Viessmann: all
Worcester-Bosch Greenstar and others
Eco-Hometec
Quantum
Gledhill
Potterton Promax (spit)
Nearly all the expensive top makes.

you seem to have missed the point :- cheapest

They are cheap. None are nasty.

good luck with your issues

[plonk]

Good you got no change from me. Cowboys.

raden

In message , news
writes

the boiler is at least 20 years old and sadly fubar. in the last year
it's gas valve
has been replaced, the diverter valve was replaced and now it's diaphgram is
split. oh, and it's blowing fuses which points to the circuit board.

What boiler ?

--
geoff
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:36:40 +0000, news wrote:

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

biasi, heatline, ravenheat, Wickes, B&Q, (s/fix no longer does one).
Maybe Halstead too.

The Vokera Synesi 25 was around 500+VAT on uselessenergy.
However that site doesn't have the really low end kit.

If you are looking for a plain heating boiler then carefully work out the
lowest power you can get away with. One or two manufacturers have a
really crazy pricing structure where the low power model are much
cheaper. It's like the electric shower prices and just as irrational.

The 9kW Potterton Suprima 30HE plain heating boiler is 300+VAT
Blimey that's not much more than they charge for the replacement PCB.
You add £5 for each 3kW added up to 18kW.
I suspect that it really is the same boiler with a slightly different jet
and maybe burner in each model.

HTH

news

Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

thanks ED I'll check them out

Doctor Drivel

"news" wrote in message
Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

Don't buy the Suprima. One of the worst dogs in the world.

chris French

In message , news
writes
Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , News wrote:
I don't care. if I get any comebacks I'll point the buyers to
trading standards and the SOG acts durability / fit for purpose
section.

The buyers will have no comeback surely: they didn't buy the boiler.

crikey, this is tiring.

what I don't want is a buyer to try it on alleging that I knew that the boiler
was fubar at the point of sale.

Well TBH that'd their hard luck isn't it. Unless you said it was ok and
it wasn't then that is their problem for not checking it out. You buy a
house 'as is'

however.....

I'll fit a new boiler,

That's what I would probably do in this situation.

--
Chris French

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:36:40 GMT, "news" wrote:

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

B&Q are generally the cheapest as they have huge purchasing power (Far
more than a plumbers merchant). It's all down to economies of scale.

(Check out ebay. Companies are buying boilers from B&Q and re-selling
on ebay for profit!)

Look out for European manufactured boilers. The strength of the pound
makes them exceptional value for money and they are generally well
engineered.

sponix
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:12:40 GMT, "news" wrote:

so, cheapest condensing combi boiler ?

The Biasi one in B&Q.

sponix

Doctor Drivel

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:36:40 GMT, "news" wrote:

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

B&Q are generally the cheapest as they have huge purchasing power (Far
more than a plumbers merchant). It's all down to economies of scale.

(Check out ebay. Companies are buying boilers from B&Q and re-selling
on ebay for profit!)

Look out for European manufactured boilers. The strength of the pound
makes them exceptional value for money and they are generally well
engineered.

BIASI are v good cheap and reliable boiler.

news

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:36:40 GMT, "news" wrote:

not bothered about anything except price.

must be the cheapest available in the UK

biasi ? ravenheat ? can B&Qs prices be beaten ?

B&Q are generally the cheapest as they have huge purchasing power (Far
more than a plumbers merchant). It's all down to economies of scale.

is what brother in law recons. just wondered if there was anywhere else cheaper.

worth a try.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Look out for European manufactured boilers. The strength of the pound
makes them exceptional value for money and they are generally well
engineered.

BIASI are v good cheap and reliable boiler.

Couldn't you just have said this at the start of the thread?

--
*Is there another word for synonym?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Look out for European manufactured boilers. The strength of the pound
makes them exceptional value for money and they are generally well
engineered.

BIASI are v good cheap and reliable boiler.

Couldn't you

Only in non-condensing models.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:46:00 GMT, "news" wrote:

is what brother in law recons. just wondered if there was anywhere else cheaper.

worth a try.

I haven't seen anywhere...howvere, I'd give "Mr Central Heating" a
call and see what they can offer as they sometimes have good deals:

www.mrcentralheating.com

sponix

news

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:46:00 GMT, "news" wrote:

is what brother in law recons. just wondered if there was anywhere
else cheaper.

worth a try.

I haven't seen anywhere...howvere, I'd give "Mr Central Heating" a
call and see what they can offer as they sometimes have good deals:

www.mrcentralheating.com

sponix

thanks for that. I'll email them last as they do seem cheap. ya never know.

John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Don't buy the Suprima. One of the worst dogs in the world.

So what?

Read the requirements...

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

news wrote:

thanks for that. I'll email them last as they do seem cheap. ya never know.

Also don't underestimate the independant local suppliers. I found the
local shop in our village was actually about 15% cheaper than the best
deal I could find online at the time I was ordering my boiler.

--
Cheers,

John.

Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Don't buy the Suprima. One of the worst dogs in the world.

So what?

You obviously encourage dogs, which is appalling.

news

John Rumm wrote:
news wrote:

thanks for that. I'll email them last as they do seem cheap. ya
never know.

Also don't underestimate the independant local suppliers. I found the
local shop in our village was actually about 15% cheaper than the best
deal I could find online at the time I was ordering my boiler.

I've done the two traditionally cheapest locals. nowhere near B&Qs price.
they know me and my brother in law, they just can't price match to that extent

Condensing Boiler efficency with existing radiators etc... RzB UK diy 24 September 9th 05 11:22 PM
New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Central Heating Design - Help Please TheScullster UK diy 12 October 26th 04 05:15 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Condensing Boiler problems Mika UK diy 36 March 13th 04 07:32 PM