Descaling a Mira 8.4t shower - will I kill it?

Old October 7th 05, 09:06 PM
Jonathan

Default Descaling a Mira 8.4t shower - will I kill it?

Mira 8.4t shower, about 10 years old. Hard water area. Flow has been
gradually decreasing, found various posters saying that it's possible, but
may interfere with the seals.
Is there a particular descaler that is kinder to seals?
Otherwise, I plan to just turn off, unscrew, turn upside down and fill the
tank with kettle descaler and leave overnight.

Old October 8th 05, 03:00 AM
[email protected]

Jonathan wrote:
Mira 8.4t shower, about 10 years old. Hard water area. Flow has been
gradually decreasing, found various posters saying that it's possible, but
may interfere with the seals.
Is there a particular descaler that is kinder to seals?
Otherwise, I plan to just turn off, unscrew, turn upside down and fill the
tank with kettle descaler and leave overnight.

citric acid is the safe one. Its also not very effective, and must be
used with boiling water to get anywhere. Aka kettle descaler, but plain
citric from the chemist isa fraction the price.

As for using it in showers I havent a clue.

NT

Old October 8th 05, 08:27 AM
RedOnRed

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Mira 8.4t shower, about 10 years old. Hard water area. Flow has been
gradually decreasing, found various posters saying that it's possible, but
may interfere with the seals.
Is there a particular descaler that is kinder to seals?
Otherwise, I plan to just turn off, unscrew, turn upside down and fill the
tank with kettle descaler and leave overnight.

My Mira's about 5 years old and the flow rate is decreasing too.

I can imagine how to descale the shower head, but how'd you go about
descaling the actual unit?

Please help me bleed my mira sport shower [email protected] UK diy 4 August 25th 05 11:11 AM
Ungumming a Mira shower Andy Mabbett UK diy 6 July 29th 04 07:37 PM
Mira Shower Query Rakster UK diy 1 May 26th 04 02:05 PM
Mira 415 shower mixer unit or any Mira shower mixer unit Mr Blue Skye UK diy 7 January 19th 04 08:36 PM
Mira Shower Problems dave cunningham UK diy 2 January 9th 04 05:23 PM