Default Aldi DIY offers next week:

230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder £24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder £3.99
Electric Planer £12.99
50m Cable Reel £14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

dennis@home

"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder £24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder £3.99
Electric Planer £12.99
50m Cable Reel £14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at £10 if anyone wants one.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

dennis@home wrote:
"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder £24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder £3.99
Electric Planer £12.99
50m Cable Reel £14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at £10 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Andrew Sinclair

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
dennis@home wrote:
"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder £24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder £3.99
Electric Planer £12.99
50m Cable Reel £14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at £10 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Use the lightweight suitcase sized nuclear power station? On offer in
Aldi next week at only £15.99.
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at =A310 if anyone wants
one.

How on earth do the they get off the ground if there electric? ;-)

Use the lightweight suitcase sized nuclear power station? On offer in
Aldi next week at only =A315.99.

the one used in the Ford Nucleon?

NT

Eric The Viking

"dennis@home" wrote in message
o.uk...

"J" wrote in message
230mm (9inch) Angle Grinder £24.99
5pc Disc set for Angle Grinder £3.99
Electric Planer £12.99
50m Cable Reel £14.99

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/start.html

The Lidl in Great Bridge has electric planes at £10 if anyone wants one.

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did the
maths and it works out 11.5p per pie! In fact if you cut them in half they
work out at just under 6p a snack. The box looks a bit flimsy but the pies
themselves seem to be of reasonable quality - "Light, shortcrust pastry
cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple filling and a light sugar
dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping Institute Quality Product award."

I'm going to fill the shed up while stocks last.

;-)

ETV

John Laird

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:03:13 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Eric The Viking wrote:
Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did the
maths and it works out 11.5p per pie! In fact if you cut them in half they
work out at just under 6p a snack.

What are you, an anorexic wasp? For a normal adult male human, that's
69p per snack.

I think I'd go along with the suggestion that half a pie is a bit miserable,
but a whole box is overdoing it, surely ? [Mind you, I was known to eat
3-packs of Creme Eggs with a pint of tea in my youth.]

Better value can be had by popping into Sainsbury's and collecting 2 6-packs
of Mars bars. Not only have they been £1.18 for a while, at the moment they
are on 2 for £2, and when I looked at my bill, someone had goofed on the
EPOS system and had programmed the multibuy reduction at 56p, not 36p. So I
paid £1.80 for 12 Mars bars, or 15p each. Yes, I know they're slightly
smaller than the standard size, but suspect that must be a staggeringly
cheap way of buying calories. 242 of them according to the wrapper.

Lidl have (probably) the same apple pies at the same price. They're not at
all bad. As indeed is a lot of their stuff. I stock up there on basics,
and then head to Tesco or Sainsbury for a wider choice of what's missing.

--
"Bother," said Pooh as he deleted his message base.
Gel

& black babies for £2.49!!!!!!!!!!

david lang

Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

Eric The Viking

"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in
the eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

Funny you should say that ;-)

I was using one of the pies yesterday and did suffer a crust failure. One
of the pie lids wasn't fixed securely to the outer casing and as I went to
use it it gave way nearly landing on my unprotected toe. Upon checking the
5 remaining pies I found that all of them had some form of structural
defect, rendering them totally unsafe for all but the lightest use.

When I contacted Aldi regarding the faulty pie, they were less than
sympathetic and told me that I should wear shoes in case this kind of thing
happens again.

As for warranty, it turns out that there is small print on the box that says
they have to be used before a certain date after which the warranty is void.
In my case this date was only a few days after the purchase.

;-)

ETV

powerstation

"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in

the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

How do they compare with a brand name like MrKipling ?
http://www.expatshopping.coop/produc...roducts_id=237

Doctor Drivel

"powerstation" wrote in message

"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in

the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

How do they compare with a brand name like MrKipling ?

There is no doubt you are paying for the name and the ingredients are the
same as Aldi own brands, cost a total of 2p, all made in the same factory.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 10:40:45 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

Three years, aided and assisted by the preservatives and Es liberally
included, free of charge.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:17:51 +0000 (UTC), "powerstation"
wrote:

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Eric The Viking wrote:

Better than that, Aldi are doing fruit pies for 69p for 6 - just did
the maths and it works out 11.5p per pie!

But you can't expect top performance from a pie at that price. Are they
safe? What would happen if a piece of crust proke off and struck you in

the
eye?

Can you get spares?

"Light, shortcrust pastry cases filled with a delicious Bramley apple
filling and a light sugar dusting. Winner of a Good Housekeeping
Institute Quality Product award."

That's just a marketing ploy. What sort of warranty do they have?

Dave

How do they compare with a brand name like MrKipling ?
http://www.expatshopping.coop/produc...roducts_id=237

Both are loaded with sugars, hydrogenated fats and other crap. Hence,
if one did wish to eat such muck, then one might as well buy the cheap
one.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andrew Sinclair

In message 4348fba7.0@entanet, Eric The Viking
writes

When I contacted Aldi regarding the faulty pie, they were less than
sympathetic and told me that I should wear shoes in case this kind of thing
happens again.

Has anyone out there managed to get these Apple Pies to fit the router
table Aldi had on offer recently? I consider myself reasonably
competent in matters mechanical but whatever I do, the flipping pie just
falls through the hole in the table.
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org
Eric The Viking

"Andrew Sinclair" wrote in message
In message 4348fba7.0@entanet, Eric The Viking
writes

When I contacted Aldi regarding the faulty pie, they were less than
sympathetic and told me that I should wear shoes in case this kind of
thing
happens again.

Has anyone out there managed to get these Apple Pies to fit the router
table Aldi had on offer recently? I consider myself reasonably competent
in matters mechanical but whatever I do, the flipping pie just falls
through the hole in the table.
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org

LoL

Not to worry Andrew, I hear Lidl are running a special offer on the 26th
October where you can pick up an apple pie adapter flange for the router
table for £1.99 ( PACK OF 5 ). Might be worth checking the small print as I
reckon they might be on a box shifting exercise - you wouldn't want to get
one home to find it is only compatible with strawberry tarts.

;-)

ETV

John Cartmell

In article ,
Andrew Sinclair wrote:
In message 4348fba7.0@entanet, Eric The Viking
writes

When I contacted Aldi regarding the faulty pie, they were less than
sympathetic and told me that I should wear shoes in case this kind of thing
happens again.

Has anyone out there managed to get these Apple Pies to fit the router
table Aldi had on offer recently? I consider myself reasonably
competent in matters mechanical but whatever I do, the flipping pie just
falls through the hole in the table.

Which reminds me:
Earlier today I came across an offer of a router, router table, and bits -
together for 40GBP + VAT. Sounds like a good offer? ;-)

david lang

Andrew Sinclair wrote:
Has anyone out there managed to get these Apple Pies to fit the router
table Aldi had on offer recently? I consider myself reasonably
competent in matters mechanical but whatever I do, the flipping pie
just falls through the hole in the table.

It's your own fault. If you had gone for a reputable quality brand name
like Mr Kipling or Sarah Lee you wouldn't have this problem.

Dave

Bob Mannix

"Cordless Crazy" wrote in message

david lang Wrote:
Andrew Sinclair wrote:
Has anyone out there managed to get these Apple Pies to fit the
router
table Aldi had on offer recently? I consider myself reasonably
competent in matters mechanical but whatever I do, the flipping pie
just falls through the hole in the table.

It's your own fault. If you had gone for a reputable quality brand
name
like Mr Kipling or Sarah Lee you wouldn't have this problem.

Dave

Bringing it back to a DIY topic, I suppose Mr kipling is like the
Dewalt version of the pie world, whereas the Argos 'Challenge' range
are the Aldi own brand pies.

Generally though, pies......aint they great, in what ever form they
come in!?!

No. This is DIY. They shouldn't arrive formed. Make them yourself - they are
much nicer!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)