Chris Bacon

Default Aldi router table.

To go with someone else's contribution with a £20 router
link. http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_402.html.
Worth a go?
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
To go with someone else's contribution with a £20 router
link. http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_402.html.
Worth a go?

The router bits are worth £5 even if you get a few jobs out of them, I'd
say you would get good use out of them on light jobs.

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

John Rumm

Chris Bacon wrote:

To go with someone else's contribution with a £20 router
link. http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_402.html.
Worth a go?

At that price it could be - hard to tell without handling it. So long as
it is not made of tin foil thick steel then it may be OK. The fence
looks basic but serviceable. There are times when any table is better
than none.

The mounting plate may be an issue (if it comes with one) depending on
your model of router, but trend do a range of plats for most makes and
models (at a significant fraction of the cost of the whole table!)

--
Cheers,

John.

The mounting plate may be an issue (if it comes with one) depending on
your model of router, but trend do a range of plats for most makes and
models (at a significant fraction of the cost of the whole table!)

I have this router, bought a couple of years ago, but I've been reluctant to
buy a propper table as it's a bit of an unknown brand and I thought it
wouldn't fit.

I actually made my own table (trydiy.blogspot.com) but I think i'll give
this one a go.

Hopefully it'll do me a couple of years then i'll get something better.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

J wrote:
The mounting plate may be an issue (if it comes with one) depending
on your model of router, but trend do a range of plats for most
makes and models (at a significant fraction of the cost of the whole
table!)

I have this router, bought a couple of years ago, but I've been
reluctant to buy a propper table as it's a bit of an unknown brand
and I thought it wouldn't fit.

I actually made my own table (trydiy.blogspot.com) but I think i'll
give this one a go.

Hopefully it'll do me a couple of years then i'll get something
better.

OH! anythings better than the one you er! put together.

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

OH! anythings better than the one you er! put together.

Well, it looks ugly, but it works very well for what I need.

Hopefully the Aldi one will be as good

The3rd Earl Of Derby

J wrote:
OH! anythings better than the one you er! put together.

Well, it looks ugly, but it works very well for what I need.

Hopefully the Aldi one will be as good

Well if anything it'll reduce the law of average of losing your fingers.

--
Sir Benjamin middlethwaite

Micky

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
To go with someone else's contribution with a £20 router
link. http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_402.html.
Worth a go?

This router table looks absolutely the same as one I bought a few months ago
from
another warehouse type concern ( JTF ) for about 30 quid. But mine included
a router and
a load of 8mm router bits.

Micky

Chris Bacon

Micky wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
To go with someone else's contribution with a £20 router
link. http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_402.html.
Worth a go?

This router table looks absolutely the same as one I bought
a few months ago from another warehouse type concern ( JTF )
for about 30 quid. But mine included a router and a load of
8mm router bits.

That sounds like a better bet, if it was identical... anyway
this product sold out before I could get there. 60 in 3 1/2
hours. Before I could get there! Gnash.

Router Table Connor T UK diy 3 September 8th 05 10:34 AM
"Stoopid" Simple Router Table Extension [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 7th 05 08:35 PM
router for a Porter-Cable router table? Dave Gower Home Repair 8 March 2nd 05 06:55 AM
Help with router table Highspeed Woodworking 3 October 18th 04 07:08 AM
Router Table vs Router Table extension on Table Saw Davemac Woodworking 9 February 3rd 04 07:00 PM