s--p--o--n--i--x

Default Expanding foam removal

Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

sponix
Chris Bacon

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

Where exactly have you put it?
Lobster

Chris Bacon wrote:
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

Where exactly have you put it?

Oo-er, we're not still on with that thread about popes and rats are we?

If not, try:

David
s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:33:24 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

Where exactly have you put it?

I ain't put it anywhere. Someone else on the other hand has stuck it
somewhere inaccessible...

sponix

Chris Bacon

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

Where exactly have you put it?

I ain't put it anywhere. Someone else on the other hand has stuck it
somewhere inaccessible...

Oh, err. I don't know what to say. I'm glad they confided
in you, anyway, and I very much hope that something can be
done about this, erm, unfortunate situation.
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:58:00 GMT, Phil Addison
wrote:

I think acetone is a solvent for it - at least that's what my can says
to use to clean the injection tube. Acetone is nasty stuff and has nasty
fumes though, so take care.

That may take the paint of..
Chris Bacon

Phil Addison wrote:
daddyfreddy wrote:
Phil Addison wrote:
(s--p--o--n--i--x) wrote:
Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?
I think acetone is a solvent for it

I use the acetone spray as well. It clears the tube fine but the bloody
foam aerosol bit rarely cleans properly. The second time I try to use
it, it struggles to come out and forget trying to use it a third time,
the press down action is totally screwed by then and I find myself
having to rip a screwdriver through the top and spoon the contents into
the cavity before giving up and dumping the bloody thing in a carrier
bag to ooze out it's contents :-)

Sums it up pretty well ;-)

These tins of foam do seem to be one-use items.
John Schmitt

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:58:00 +0100, Phil Addison
wrote:

Does anyone know what will remove expanding foam from a confined
space?

I think acetone is a solvent for it - at least that's what my can says
to use to clean the injection tube. Acetone is nasty stuff and has nasty
fumes though, so take care.

I believe that acetone only goes for uncured urethane. Possibly Nitromors
will do it, but probably the best bet is to mill it out with a drillbit
hoovering as you go. Heat will also collapse it, but beware molten drops
of the stuff. Like most molten polymers it sticks to skin and burns
deeply. Ouch. BTDTGTTS

John Schmitt

Can I use expanding foam filler with Kingspan? David Pearson UK diy 7 August 19th 05 09:14 PM
Expanding foam and UV Pecanfan UK diy 12 January 19th 05 11:21 PM
fireproof expanding foam John Kelly UK diy 3 January 16th 05 01:07 PM
MDPE & Expanding Foam Rick Hughes UK diy 5 October 24th 03 01:30 AM
Screwfix gun grade expanding foam James Hart UK diy 1 August 11th 03 04:01 PM