--s-p-o-n-i-x--

Default Screwfix

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix
Andy Hall

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:38:29 +0100, --s-p-o-n-i-x--
wrote:

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

Yes.

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix

This was conjecture and the problem was simply that they had moved
their warehouse and underestimated the difficulty of recruiting
sentient staff at their new location.

They took their web site off line until they were in a position to
provide proper customer service.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Rick

wrote:

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix

Screwfix are fine, their carriers are crap. My latest saga is
parcelforce refusing to deliver to my house. cause they can't turn
their van and have to reverse 1/2 mile back up the driveway.

Rick

ben

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:
Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix

Yup

Seems a long way to go to trade though. :-)

Set Square

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix

I've placed several orders in recent months - and they seem ok. The only
trouble I've had was that one consignment was a day late arriving because
the ParcelFarce idiot claimed he couldn't find the house in which I've lived
for nearly 30 years!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Séan Connolly

The only trouble I've had was that one consignment was a day late arriving
because
the ParcelFarce idiot claimed he couldn't find the house in which I've
lived
for nearly 30 years!

How would you living there for 30 years help him find it ? ;-)

Set Square

Séan Connolly mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

The only trouble I've had was that one consignment was a day late
arriving because
the ParcelFarce idiot claimed he couldn't find the house in which
I've lived
for nearly 30 years!

How would you living there for 30 years help him find it ? ;-)

Perhaps I could have expressed it better! The point is that the house has
been here for all of that time - and more - with the same address and same
postcode - so it's not as if we're not well documented!

My guess is that he simply overlooked my parcel when in my area - and then
had to give the computer back at base some lame excuse for not having
delivered it.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Rick

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:59:44 +0100, "Set Square"

Séan Connolly mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

The only trouble I've had was that one consignment was a day late
arriving because
the ParcelFarce idiot claimed he couldn't find the house in which
I've lived
for nearly 30 years!

How would you living there for 30 years help him find it ? ;-)

Perhaps I could have expressed it better! The point is that the house has
been here for all of that time - and more - with the same address and same
postcode - so it's not as if we're not well documented!

My guess is that he simply overlooked my parcel when in my area - and then
had to give the computer back at base some lame excuse for not having
delivered it.

My house is names on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Rick

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:09:51 GMT, Rick wrote:

My house is named on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Ah, but calling your house "right of way" probably causes confusion...

sponix

Ian White

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:09:51 GMT, Rick wrote:

My house is named on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Ah, but calling your house "right of way" probably causes confusion...

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

--
Ian White

Richard Conway

Ian White wrote:
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:09:51 GMT, Rick wrote:

My house is named on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Ah, but calling your house "right of way" probably causes confusion...

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

No, all roads lead away from "Llwybr Cyhoeddus", its just that most
people travel along them in the wrong direction.
Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:25:23 +0100, Ian White
wrote:

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:09:51 GMT, Rick wrote:

My house is named on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Ah, but calling your house "right of way" probably causes confusion...

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

I was given to understand that this was a method of contraception, but
it seems not....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Christian McArdle

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

Yes, but then crossing from Austria into Germany on the autobahn, it took me
about 10 junctions to realise that Ausfahrt (sp?) wasn't the biggest city in
Europe that I'd never heard of.

Christian.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:37:25 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

Yes, but then crossing from Austria into Germany on the autobahn, it took me
about 10 junctions to realise that Ausfahrt (sp?) wasn't the biggest city in
Europe that I'd never heard of.

Christian.

In Norway they have Fartrestriktors, aka sleeping policemen.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Set Square

Andy Hall wrote:

In Norway they have Fartrestriktors, aka sleeping policemen.

Sounds painful - I prefer to use a cork! g

--
Cheers,
Set Square

Tim..

wrote:

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to
go under.

sponix

Screwfix are fine, their carriers are crap. My latest saga is
parcelforce refusing to deliver to my house. cause they can't turn
their van and have to reverse 1/2 mile back up the driveway.

LOL!

They cant drive anyway, the last parcel firm to call with me's van looked
like it had come to me via an angry car crusher than had done half a job
before the van escaped..!!

Tim..

Bob Martin

in 448056 20050916 103725 "Christian McArdle" wrote:
Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

Yes, but then crossing from Austria into Germany on the autobahn, it took me
about 10 junctions to realise that Ausfahrt (sp?) wasn't the biggest city in
Europe that I'd never heard of.

Christian.

When my in-laws came to visit us in Germany I told them to take the Ausfahrt exit
from the motorway and look for Einbahnstrasse.
Andy Hall

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:32:27 GMT, Bob Martin
wrote:

in 448056 20050916 103725 "Christian McArdle" wrote:
Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus"
but somehow you never get there.

Yes, but then crossing from Austria into Germany on the autobahn, it took me
about 10 junctions to realise that Ausfahrt (sp?) wasn't the biggest city in
Europe that I'd never heard of.

Christian.

When my in-laws came to visit us in Germany I told them to take the Ausfahrt exit
from the motorway and look for Einbahnstrasse.

That's cruel. I have heard Americans ask a taxi driver to take them
to the same place....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
soup

Rick wrote:

My latest saga is
parcelforce refusing to deliver to my house. cause they can't turn
their van and have to reverse 1/2 mile back up the driveway.

Oooh there's posh, a ½ mile drive
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

yours S

Steve Walker

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:
Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

brilliant, as ever

The Screwfix effect Rick UK diy 25 July 29th 05 09:00 AM
Screwfix + Lynx = A change in service contract (at last) [email protected] UK diy 9 December 17th 04 01:00 AM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM
Screwfix :-( Ian UK diy 13 September 3rd 03 06:15 PM