DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bannister heights (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/121144-bannister-heights.html)

Hamie September 16th 05 09:28 PM

Bannister heights

Hi..

Before I go out tomorrow & buy my bannister parts... What height do the
regs say they have to be? 900mm? Is that from the front, rear or middle
of the tread on the stairs? What lee way do you have? +- 25mm?

TIA

Hamish.

Set Square September 16th 05 10:23 PM

Hamie wrote:

Hi..

Before I go out tomorrow & buy my bannister parts... What height do
the regs say they have to be? 900mm? Is that from the front, rear or
middle of the tread on the stairs? What lee way do you have? +- 25mm?

TIA

Hamish.

They have to be a minimum of 900mm when measuring vertically from the pitch
line. [This is the sloping line from the nose of one step to the next etc.]
I'm not aware of any maximum.

Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to prevent a
100mm sphere from passing through the gap.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

david lang September 16th 05 11:41 PM

Set Square wrote:
|| Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to
|| prevent a 100mm sphere from passing through the gap.

Sounds like balls to me :-)

Dave

Brian Sharrock September 17th 05 08:38 AM

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Set Square wrote:
|| Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to
|| prevent a 100mm sphere from passing through the gap.

Sounds like balls to me :-)

'They' have to be balls (100 mm spheres) because
the NSPCC hollers when the BCO tries to jam
'Kalibrated Kiddies'' heads through the spindles.

--

Brian

Set Square September 17th 05 07:26 PM

Owain wrote:

david lang wrote:
... a 100mm sphere

Sounds like balls to me :-)

Must be difficult getting trousers to fit you comfortably :-)

Owain

They're ok as long as they're "baggy". g
--
Cheers,
Set Square