Default "white" veneers ?

Hi all,

I'm looking to update my kitchen with some gloss white drawer fronnts
and cupboard doors (sort of thing you see in posh magazines).

Cupboard doors are way overpriced (20 - 40 quid in B&Q !! ) , and I
dont seee a huge problem with making them out of MDF or similar, (
using richards super duper sawboard
http://www.members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm )however whats the best
way to get that ultra modern gloss white front ?

I cant see gloss paint being good enough, so I'm thinking of getting
somthing like a plain white veneer ( no grain )....

anyone know where I can get something like this ?
should I just bite the bullet and pay top dollar for the fronts ?
anyone know a better way ?

Cheers
Simon

I cant see gloss paint being good enough, so I'm thinking of getting
somthing like a plain white veneer ( no grain )....

I should imagine the shop ones are sprayed. MDF, well sanded on
corners, undercoat, cut back with fine paper, sprayed, laquered, done.
A bit like the finish on a car. It could take a while to do.
Simon.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Lee wrote:
I sprayed a couple of filler pieces with several coats of automotive
cellulose paint - gave a reasonable gloss finish, though not as good as
the original. May just be my spray painting technique at fault though

Assuming you've used a high build primer, and sanded it absolutely smooth
with fine wet or dry, car cellulose can give a perfect finish. Just put on
enough, then sand again with fine wet or dry until smooth, then polish
with cutting compound. Trouble is it's a very expensive paint.

--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
I'm looking to update my kitchen with some gloss white drawer fronnts
and cupboard doors (sort of thing you see in posh magazines).

Cupboard doors are way overpriced (20 - 40 quid in B&Q !! ) , and I
dont seee a huge problem with making them out of MDF or similar, (
using richards super duper sawboard
http://www.members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm )however whats the best
way to get that ultra modern gloss white front ?

Unless they're plain, I very much doubt you can match the price,
everything included.

--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Badger

Hi all,

I'm looking to update my kitchen with some gloss white drawer fronnts
and cupboard doors (sort of thing you see in posh magazines).

Cupboard doors are way overpriced (20 - 40 quid in B&Q !! ) , and I
dont seee a huge problem with making them out of MDF or similar, (
using richards super duper sawboard
http://www.members.aol.com/woodmiser1/sawbd.htm )however whats the best
way to get that ultra modern gloss white front ?

I cant see gloss paint being good enough, so I'm thinking of getting
somthing like a plain white veneer ( no grain )....

Smoothrite thats been allowed to harden for a few weeks then polished?

Genius !!!

I know a guy who resprays cars cheaply , will give him a call
Didn't think to put the two together