Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Data on Integrated Circuit

Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2
IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems. These were being used
as interface ic's between a PIC and a small motor. However I'm
unable to find any information on them at all, and CML have not
responded to e-mails. Can anyone please help with some data on these
devices as they could be very useful for a project I have at the
moment.

--
Peter Parry
www.remapsherts.org.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2
IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems. These were being used
as interface ic's between a PIC and a small motor. However I'm
unable to find any information on them at all, and CML have not
responded to e-mails. Can anyone please help with some data on these
devices as they could be very useful for a project I have at the
moment.

http://www.bgs.nu/sdw/

Looks promising, but doesn't work on my browser. It does link MX to the
CML site but couldn't find any data sheets there.

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:22:11 +0000, Matt
wrote:

What type of motor?

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr X

In article , Peter Parry
writes

Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2
IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems. These were being used
as interface ic's between a PIC and a small motor. However I'm
unable to find any information on them at all, and CML have not
responded to e-mails.

CML are a bit odd like that. Try ringing them

Google comes up with zilch.
--
Mr X

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Parry wrote:
Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2
IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems. These were being used
as interface ic's between a PIC and a small motor. However I'm
unable to find any information on them at all, and CML have not
responded to e-mails. Can anyone please help with some data on these
devices as they could be very useful for a project I have at the
moment.

sci.electronics.components

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

On 6 Dec 2005 06:51:45 -0800, wrote:

sci.electronics.components

Tried that, no responses yet.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

On 6 Dec 2005 03:58:08 -0600, Mr X wrote:

CML are a bit odd like that. Try ringing them

Did that - said if I e-mailed they would see what they could do -
which so far appears to be nothing whatsoever!

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave stanton

Try a post on comp.robotics.misc. Lot of pic people on there.

HTH

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

wrote:

What type of motor?

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

How many pins on the IC?

Are you sure that you have interpreted the markings correctly?

Any idea on what the actual internal functionality is, could it be a
serial interface D to A?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Peter Parry
writes

Tonights challenge :-). I have acquired a small number of TTD6108-2
IC's made by MX, now part of CML Microsystems.

www.xs4all.nl/~ganswijk/chipdir/ suggests this may be an analogue
multiplexer, which sounds unlikely given the usage you describe, but the
site might be worth a look.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

wrote:

What type of motor?

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

How many pins on the IC?

Are you sure that you have interpreted the markings correctly?

Any idea on what the actual internal functionality is, could it be a
serial interface D to A?

Is that a don't know? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:09:50 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

Sorry about the blank reply, must get a less keyboard enabled cat.

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

How many pins on the IC?

8 Pin DIL.

Are you sure that you have interpreted the markings correctly?

Yes (they are actually very clear for once!) - there are a few listed
for sale on brokers web sites but no data sheets.

The full markings are :-
MX J2D4JA
TTD6108-2

Any idea on what the actual internal functionality is, could it be a
serial interface D to A?

As far as I have worked out so far (and this may not be correct as
the tracks on the PCB's I have are difficult to trace) is that PA0
and PA1 on the microcontroller (A Holtek HT48R05A one time
programmable) go to pins 1 and 8 on the TTD6108. Of the other
TTD6108 pins 3 and 6 go to the motor. Pins 4 and 5 are -ve and pins
2 and 7 are +ve. I'd guess 4&5 and 2&7 are also used for simple
heatsinking looking at the PCB layout.

As yet I haven't been able to power the boards I've got to do any
measurements on them but I have a project for REMAP (see url in sig)
which they could be useful for if I can find something out about
them!

--
Peter Parry
www.remapsherts.org.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:

As far as I have worked out so far (and this may not be correct
as the tracks on the PCB's I have are difficult to trace) is that
PA0 and PA1 on the microcontroller (A Holtek HT48R05A one time
programmable) go to pins 1 and 8 on the TTD6108. Of the other
TTD6108 pins 3 and 6 go to the motor. Pins 4 and 5 are -ve and
pins 2 and 7 are +ve. I'd guess 4&5 and 2&7 are also used for
simple heatsinking looking at the PCB layout.

I've seen a similar 8-pin motor driver chip... somewhere.

Pins 1 and 8 inputs are Direction command, plus the variable
pulse-width clock from the uP. Pins could be either way round.

Pins 3 and 6 are the outputs from an H-bridge, diagonal pairs
chosen by DIR, clocked by the PWM input. There might also
be 4x (Schottky?) diodes on 3 and 6 to clamp the back emf
from the motor's inductance.

If it is an 8-pin DIP package, reckon on a running motor
current of no more than about 100mA.

With such a simple driver chip, smoothly controlling a motor
can require considerable software in the PIC. See Microchip
App Note DS00532B "Servo Control of a DC Brush Motor".

--
Tony Williams.