Aqualisa Shower Control Removal

Old August 20th 05, 09:25 PM
Peter Andrews

Default Aqualisa Shower Control Removal

"Peter Lord" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Can anyone help?

I have an Aqualisa shower (sorry, I don't know the model; it came with the
house - approx 1989 vintage), on which I want to remove the control-dial
so that I can do some repair work on the tiles beneath.

The shower is gravity-fed, thermostatic, and mostly buried in the wall
(only the control dial and the shower outlet are visible above the tiles).

The dial has no obvious fixing screws (or whatever), and doesn't seem to
be willing to pull-away with moderate force, so can anyone tell me the
correct way to remove it?

Some possibilites come to mind:

1. There might be a screw concealed by the "Aqualisa" label on the front
of the dial (the label doesn't seem willing to pry-out)

2. More force might be required to just pull the control dial off a
"push-fit" type of assembly.

3. Other...

I've attached a picture of the control if this helps.

Thanks in anticipation for any advice you can give.

Cheers!

Peter L.

Try http://www.aqualisa.co.uk under Trade Centre then Product List and Spare
Parts and you will probably find a diagram. IIRC the centre knob just pulls
off the splined shaft. The customer service desk at Aqualisa are very
helpful and will give detailed advice. Parts are available (if you need
them from Aqualisa) and generally arrive next day, but are not cheap.
Incidentally the 'standard' replacement hoses from the sheds don't quite fit
the Aqualisa fittings and it's impossible to get a water tight fit.

Peter

Old August 28th 05, 11:42 AM
biggirlsblouse

"Peter Lord" wrote in message
[...]

Although I do not have that model mine is also the same type of shower
mixer valve. There is a screw but that is under the front aquilisa label
in the middle.

On mine this label is stuck in with double sided tape, but has an edge
machined out of the control knob which when pressed at a location above that
machined groove allows the label to lift on the opposite side of where you
apply pressure so that you can get something underneath it.
However, as another contributor says aquilisa are very helpful and their
customer service is second to none.

best of luck.

Old August 29th 05, 08:50 PM
Peter Lord

Thanks to everyone for their input. The control was just a push-fit onto a
splined shaft - just needed a little gentle coaxing from all sides.

Now waiting for the walls to dry-out before re-tiling...

Cheers!

Peter L.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Aqualisa power shower pressure switch failed this morning dave @ stejonda UK diy 2 September 14th 04 05:25 AM
Aqualisa Shower Nightmare TheScullster UK diy 2 February 26th 04 08:31 AM
Help with leaking Aqualisa shower JohnB UK diy 3 November 5th 03 06:25 PM
Aqualisa Shower Problem TheScullster UK diy 4 July 29th 03 08:08 PM