Tefal steam generator iron repair

Old July 30th 05, 10:33 PM
Mike Faithfull

Default Tefal steam generator iron repair

When all else fails, ask uk.d-i-y .........

The Management has asked me to repair a Tefal Express model 2911 steam
generator iron for one of her friends. The problem is that the fabric
sheath which normally encloses the mains cable and steam tube between the
base unit and the iron has lost its anchor point at the iron end and has
shrunk back, exposing the mains flex and steam tube for a distance of about
15 inches. In itself this would not be a great problem, but the user seems
to have abraded the loose mains flex, wearing through both the outer sheath
and the inner insulation on the wires exposing the copper conductors.
Clearly, this is very dangerous and the flex must be replaced.

Unfortunately, after several unproductive hours smurfing the Interweb I am
unable to find any listing for either this cable, or the complete sheathed
cable/tube assembly, on any website selling Tefal spares, and the only
0.75mm 4-core heat resisting cable rated to 90 degrees Centigrade I can find
comes with a white sheath, making me suspect that it's PVC rather than the
black synthetic rubber of the original, on a 50 metre drum at a cost of
nearly twenty pounds.

Please does anyone know where I could purchase just a few metres of said
cable? I live in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

Old July 30th 05, 11:11 PM
Aidan

Mike Faithfull wrote:
When all else fails, ask uk.d-i-y .........

The problem is that the fabric
sheath which normally encloses the mains cable and steam tube between the
base unit and the iron has lost its anchor point at the iron end and has
shrunk back, exposing the mains flex and steam tube for a distance of about
15 inches.

No idea. Exactly the same thing has happened to mine. Let us know if
you find a spare please, I may need one shortly.

Old July 31st 05, 05:25 PM
Ian Stirling

Mike Faithfull wrote:
When all else fails, ask uk.d-i-y .........

The Management has asked me to repair a Tefal Express model 2911 steam
generator iron for one of her friends. The problem is that the fabric
sheath which normally encloses the mains cable and steam tube between the
base unit and the iron has lost its anchor point at the iron end and has

http://www.foxdiy.co.uk/view_product.php?product=PE200
Might be suitable replacement flex.
Google-uk
iron flex per
Old July 31st 05, 10:27 PM
Mike Faithfull

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Mike Faithfull wrote:
When all else fails, ask uk.d-i-y .........

The Management has asked me to repair a Tefal Express model 2911 steam
generator iron for one of her friends. The problem is that the fabric
sheath which normally encloses the mains cable and steam tube between

the
base unit and the iron has lost its anchor point at the iron end and has

http://www.foxdiy.co.uk/view_product.php?product=PE200
Might be suitable replacement flex.
Google-uk
iron flex per

Thanks Ian, but it must be 4-core ...

Old July 31st 05, 11:18 PM
David Lang

"Mike Faithfull" wrote in message
Unfortunately, after several unproductive hours smurfing the Interweb I am
unable to find any listing for either this cable, or the complete sheathed
cable/tube assembly, on any website selling Tefal spares,

Have you tried a) Tefal - after all, the bloody manufacturer should have
the spares or b) www.partscenter.co.uk

Dave

Old August 1st 05, 12:16 AM
Mike Faithfull

"David Lang" wrote in message
. uk...

"Mike Faithfull" wrote in message
Unfortunately, after several unproductive hours smurfing the Interweb I

am
unable to find any listing for either this cable, or the complete

sheathed
cable/tube assembly, on any website selling Tefal spares,

Have you tried a) Tefal - after all, the bloody manufacturer should have
the spares or b) www.partscenter.co.uk

Yes. The Tefal site bounces you off somewhere else for spares ...

Old August 1st 05, 02:23 PM
dave stanton

Please does anyone know where I could purchase just a few metres of said
cable? I live in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

I am in the trade, but found it very hard to buy a few metres of non-kink
flex. I found these guys in Bristol and bought 2 mteres off the reel of 3
core non-kink. i know you need 4 core, but they may be able to help, give
them a ring

DES 01752 661634

Cheers

Dave

Old August 1st 05, 10:11 PM
Mike Faithfull

"dave stanton" wrote in message
news

Please does anyone know where I could purchase just a few metres of said
cable? I live in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

I am in the trade, but found it very hard to buy a few metres of non-kink
flex. I found these guys in Bristol and bought 2 mteres off the reel of 3
core non-kink. i know you need 4 core, but they may be able to help, give
them a ring

DES 01752 661634

Thanks for that, Dave. Worth a try, I guess.

Old August 2nd 05, 08:50 PM
Mike Faithfull

"Mike Faithfull" wrote in message
When all else fails, ask uk.d-i-y .........

(snipped)
Please does anyone know where I could purchase just a few metres of said
cable? I live in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

After much searching, 10 metres ordered on line from Alert Electrical. It
has PVC rather than rubber insulation but it's rated for 90 deg. like the
original, so should do the job ok (I hope!)