pb

Default Dishwasher Leaking

My dishwasher (Miele G665SC) had leaked terribly and limescale was
everywhere. After cleaning everything, its functioning fine, but water is
once again very slowly dripping out of a drain hole at the bottom of the
motor/pump, onto the base of the unit. What is usually the problem in this
case? I think the water is getting through the shaft opening of the
impellor; perhaps a damaged rubber washer? What can be done to fix this -
given that a replacement pump will cost about £200!

Also, the unit is only 5-6 years old. I discovered that the water hardness
meter was set to '2' all this time, for soft water, but of course London
water is relatively hard. Could this have caused the leak problem?

Pete C

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:51:11 +0100, "pb" wrote:

My dishwasher (Miele G665SC) had leaked terribly and limescale was
everywhere. After cleaning everything, its functioning fine, but water is
once again very slowly dripping out of a drain hole at the bottom of the
motor/pump, onto the base of the unit. What is usually the problem in this
case? I think the water is getting through the shaft opening of the
impellor; perhaps a damaged rubber washer? What can be done to fix this -
given that a replacement pump will cost about £200!

Hi,

If it's not affecting the motor and there is space underneath you
could get a 'condensate pump' to remove the water:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20711&item=5988279 469&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/083.asp

Also, the unit is only 5-6 years old. I discovered that the water hardness
meter was set to '2' all this time, for soft water, but of course London
water is relatively hard. Could this have caused the leak problem?

Maybe some scale has stuck in a seal, a few washes with dilute vinegar
or dishwasher cleaner could fix it. Does it leak even when off?

cheers,
Pete.

Pete C

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:38:51 +0100, Pete C
wrote:

Hi,

If it's not affecting the motor and there is space underneath you
could get a 'condensate pump'

or a bowl

to remove the water: