jonnyboy

Default Tiled floor and Shower trays

I'm looking to tile the floor in the bathroom, only problem is that I
also want in install a shower tray. The shower tray has to be a
quadrant type on an upstand , due to limmited size of the room and
drainage problems.
My question is do I just tile the whole floor, and then install the
shower tray or
Part tile under the upstand,
or
Install the shower tray and tile upto it. (Difficult due to the
Quadrant shape!)

Lobster

jonnyboy wrote:
I'm looking to tile the floor in the bathroom, only problem is that I
also want in install a shower tray. The shower tray has to be a
quadrant type on an upstand , due to limmited size of the room and
drainage problems.
My question is do I just tile the whole floor, and then install the
shower tray or
Part tile under the upstand,
or
Install the shower tray and tile upto it. (Difficult due to the
Quadrant shape!)

I'd fit the tray the tray first; then tile the floor, taking the tiles
just under the upstand; then fit a removable access panel to cover the
gap below the upstand.

It's pointless tiling the whole floor under the shower, and if you tile
after fitting the panel to the front it won't be removable, which is a
Very Useful Feature.

David

jonnyboy wrote:

I'm looking to tile the floor in the bathroom, only problem is that I
also want in install a shower tray. The shower tray has to be a
quadrant type on an upstand , due to limmited size of the room and
drainage problems.
My question is do I just tile the whole floor, and then install the
shower tray or
Part tile under the upstand,

yup, and seal the upstand to the tiling afterwards so splashes onto the
floor don't run under the tray