Mark Carver

Default Removing rust spots on Kitchen Sink

We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a baking
tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the rust spot, not the
tray :-) ) ?

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Chris Bacon

Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Test it on an unbotrusive area first, incase it has some nasty
effect on the finish or colour.

I have a tube of Jenolite Jelly which is Phosphoric Acid in a
jelly. I bought it from a car parts shop about 30 years ago as
a rust remover. I have used it on lots of things for removing
rust stains, including cloths. No idea if you could still find
it, but there's probably some equivalent Phosphoric Acid
product available. Again, test on an unobtrusive area first.

--
Andrew Gabriel
James Salisbury

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
Mark Carver wrote:
We've got a small rust spot in our acrylic kitchen sink (from leaving a
baking tray in there for too long). Is is possible to remove it (the
rust spot, not the tray :-) ) ?

A few drops of hydrochloric acids ("Spirits of Salts"), washed off
with water. Don't get it on your clothes.

Test it on an unbotrusive area first, incase it has some nasty
effect on the finish or colour.

I have a tube of Jenolite Jelly which is Phosphoric Acid in a
jelly. I bought it from a car parts shop about 30 years ago as
a rust remover. I have used it on lots of things for removing
rust stains, including cloths. No idea if you could still find
it, but there's probably some equivalent Phosphoric Acid
product available. Again, test on an unobtrusive area first.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Try leaving the area covered in genuine coca cola??

nice kitchen sink Artimet Home Ownership 0 July 2nd 05 03:38 PM
Earthing a kitchen sink - what size cable? Bert Coules UK diy 57 May 17th 05 09:48 PM
Kitchen sink suppliers - any pointers? JoeJoe UK diy 6 May 3rd 05 11:56 PM
kitchen sink sizes Neil Catley UK diy 2 November 2nd 03 12:55 AM
Removing a sink Lorne Home Repair 5 September 2nd 03 03:56 AM