Default wallplate for triton tyne bar mixer fitting

I have my delivery of the tyne bar mixer. It is surprisingly heavy. It
does NOT have the cranked fittings, but a straight male 3/4" BSP
(shower end) to male 1/2" BSP adapter. The bar fixes to the 3/4" BSP
using a captive nut and washer. So the supplied male/male adapter
connects to females on the wall and shower.
In order to get the mounting perfectly spaced (150mm as usual) and
strongly fitted, I intend to make a strong backplate to hold the
fittings/pipes etc, that will itself be fixed to chased brickwork.
Triton have just started making a similer plate, but both pipes must
enter from below so not suitable (item not on their website yet).

What material to use as the backplate ? (wet plaster on it etc)

The whole lot will be buried in plaster. (The cold feed wrapped in
tape, the hot feed in a 20mm plastic conduit to allow for expansion).
Also, the hot pipe will enter from below, the cold pipe maybe from a
diagonal (same chase for both pipes).
I am not an expert in metalwork. What material (galv steel etc) ?
should I use ? I may end up with brass outside tap elbows bolted to the
plate, but fixing those direct to the brick will never get the
alignment accurate enough without packing out / hassle etc.

A further issue. I may chuck the BSP adapters. They look rather long to
my eye. If I do, what is the most standard fitting to have in the wall,
so that in the future other brands of mixers may be fitted ? For my
shower, a male 3/4" BSP sticking out of the wall would allow the shower
to bolt straight on, but this may not be a good idea for re-use.

Sorry for lots of questions in one post.
TIA
Simon.

Well, I'll add some more. This may be of use to someone one day !
The Triton Tyne bar mixer is very heavy. I think I will mount a plate
across the front of the chiseled out brick "hole", and use the panel
mount option and also fix at the rear with BSP plate elbows or some
such. There is no way the heavy item would be stable only fixed at the
back in the BSP elbow. It would also put strain on the pipe joints. The
front would only be held by the plaster, tile and conical shroud. It
would only take someone to lean on it and the the tile would crack or
the conical shroud would bend (its very thin metal).
There was a previous poster who had fitted this model, but I think they
were fitting it to a panel.
Also (right pain) some of filter / flow limiter parts that fit in the
long adapter were missing. I will try to get them from the manufacturer
- can't be worth returning the item just for them.
This model cannot have the cranked adapter if you want to use it for
high pressure, since the limiter would have nowhere to go.
Simon.

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Stupid question of the day.... BSP screw-in plumbing connections [email protected] UK diy 6 March 22nd 05 11:17 AM
help fitting thermostatic mixer tap Riz1 UK diy 7 January 12th 05 11:40 PM
Fitting a shower bar mixer John Miller UK diy 19 August 31st 04 12:55 PM
Old hot water tank fitting mike ring UK diy 0 August 18th 03 08:12 PM