Jeff

Default Shower electrical cable

Hi,

I'm about to swap out the old bathroom suite and replace it all including
the rather nasty shower.

The shower is I believe an 8.5KW affair and the power supply appears to be
fairly modern (approx 2yrs old ) cable on a 45A breaker.

But, I can't tell what the size of the cable ie. 10mm^2, so I'm not sure if
we can have a more powerful shower without risk of overloading the cable. I
read somewhere that by measuring the outside diameter of the cable you could
determine the size of the conductors in the cable, anyone know of these
figures?

Cheers,

Jeff

Wheelbarrowbob

go to local wholesaler ask him for 3" of 10 mm sq go home and compare

New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 04:54 PM
Thoughts from the shower #1 BigWallop UK diy 0 July 26th 03 06:30 PM
Cable - pricing up NorwichLad UK diy 3 July 25th 03 01:59 PM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 01:43 AM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 10:27 AM