What timer/programmer/thermostat for Ideal isar 30 HE

Old June 15th 05, 04:13 PM
jon

Default What timer/programmer/thermostat for Ideal isar 30 HE

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

TIA

Jon.

Old June 15th 05, 06:02 PM
Doctor Evil

"jon" wrote in message

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

The hot water is on-demand so no propgramming required. Buy a Honeywell
CM67 with the optimisation function - a stat/programmer.
http://tinyurl.com/aw6um

Old June 15th 05, 06:45 PM
jon

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"jon" wrote in message

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am
off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if
so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

The hot water is on-demand so no propgramming required. Buy a Honeywell
CM67 with the optimisation function - a stat/programmer.
http://tinyurl.com/aw6um

Link didn't work. Is it this one ref: 310463

Cheers

Jon

Old June 15th 05, 07:08 PM
Doctor Evil

"jon" wrote in message

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am
off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if
so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

The hot water is on-demand so no propgramming required. Buy a Honeywell
CM67 with the optimisation function - a stat/programmer.
http://tinyurl.com/aw6um

Link didn't work. Is it this one ref: 310463

Yep.

Honeywell T6667B1085 CM67 Prog Room Stat With Optimum Start (Reference
#310463)

Price ex VAT: 46.00 54.05 Including VAT at 17.5%

Old June 15th 05, 08:00 PM
jon

"jon" wrote in message

[...]

Cheers,

Are you the real Dr Evil?

If so, it's a bit of come-down, from attempted world domination, to helping
have-a-go diy-ers.

Jon

Old June 15th 05, 09:21 PM
Doctor Evil

"jon" wrote in message

[...]

I dominate the world of DIY, and especially heating, water heating and
things heating and much of the universe too.

Old June 15th 05, 10:28 PM
jon

"jon" wrote in message

[...]

Dr Evil

Is this one ok, it's 20 cheaper than the honeywell at screwfix.

it's the battery powered TP5 model http://tinyurl.com/ddrpm

Cheers

Jon

Old June 15th 05, 10:40 PM
raden

In message , jon
writes

He's just a sad, self deluded ******

--
geoff
Old June 15th 05, 10:58 PM
John Rumm

jon wrote:

What thingy do I need, as Ideal don't make or recommend what to use. I
basically need something that will let me program the heating and water
seperately over a 7 day period, the usual stuff like heating on at 7am off
at 9am, on at 4pm of at 6pm. Also do I need some of room thermostat, if so
are there all in one jobbies, programmer, timer, thermo, etc, and where
should it/they be sited.

I used a Horstman one on my Isar HE35:

Works very well. It has up to six different timed zones in a 24 hour
period, so you can have night time, early morning, morning, afternoon,
early and late evening each at different temperatures if you want. It is
also easy to override an tweek the temp up or down with the push of a
button.

Stick it in a room with a rad that has two lockshields fitted (i.e. no
TRV). The hall is a common choice - but front room may be good also.
Make sure there are no other frequently used heat sources in the same
room, or else you may find you one nice warm room and a cold house.

No need to worry about hot water, that is allways ready to go on demand.

--
Cheers,

John.

Old June 15th 05, 11:03 PM
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , jon
writes

Cheers,

Are you the real Dr Evil?

If so, it's a bit of come-down, from attempted world domination, to

helping
have-a-go diy-ers.

He's just a sad, self deluded ******

...of sef abuse Maxie does spurt
...a man who climbs trees in a very tight skirt

...why does he wear his pretty frocks?
...without any matching bobby socks?

...he boasts of making loads of dough
...while on beaches in his chiffon flow

...what sad *******s give Maxie a ready?
...are they sex mad people mentally unsteady?

...it's clear for all and plain to see
...how Maxie earns money on a beach up a tree
...his prime attraction causes people to frown
...the sight of fat Maxie in a flowing ballgown