jon

Default DHW in (cold feed) to combi boiler IDEAL ISAR 30

Looking at the diagram, I'd imagine that C is the most optimal solution. But
could I get away with either A or B.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/engine...1c.jpg&.src=ph

TIA

Jon

Doctor Evil

"jon" wrote in message
Looking at the diagram, I'd imagine that C is the most optimal solution.

But
could I get away with either A or B.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/engine...ac1c.jpg&.src=
ph

C is optimal, and I would go for that. B is next best. Avoid A. The only
time A is effective is when you have a large bore high pressure cold mains
pipe, which I doubt you have.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:57:48 +0000, jon wrote:

Looking at the diagram, I'd imagine that C is the most optimal solution. But
could I get away with either A or B.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/engine...1c.jpg&.src=ph

TIA

I am aware that there are other view points on this matter.

Whilst C is the preferred layout depending on other circumstances B and
even A may work well.

If you have a standing mains water pressure of more 3 bar and up then even
A will work fine. Even if you have only a fair water pressure then
provided that there is a reasonable flow rate then A will still work.
At worst if you have some restriction on the branches to the bathroom and
kitchen A can be made to work well.

As a rule if you can get 15 l/min from the cold taps you should be OK.
Less than that you _may_ be OK.

I hope this may save you tearing your house apart unnecessarily.

Doctor Evil

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
[...]

The main point is influence of appliances on the showers and DHW. "A" may
mean cold tap turned on seriously affects the shower, "C" may mean the
influence is minimal. You want the line of least resistance to go to the
combi's inlet. Even if a 15mm cold mains pipe, having a 22mm stop cock and
the combi supply in 22mm and the C setup will be good insurance.

Also http://www.bes.ltd.uk sell flow restrictors now. These can be fitted on
supply legs and individual taps. They are about £4 to £5. These could be
used with setup B.

jon

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
[...]

Ed,

Just tried this and managed 4 litres at 15secs, so that's approx 16l/min. So
I should be ok

Jon

combi vs conventional Colin eclipse 2 UK diy 243 December 25th 05 08:41 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
Water flow rate problem and Combi boiler Andrew Beck UK diy 15 September 4th 04 12:00 AM
Clunking in combi boiler when tap is closed: due to back pressure? dave L UK diy 0 May 9th 04 11:50 AM
Vaillant Aquaplus storage combi boiler Ben Mack UK diy 2 January 20th 04 02:24 PM