Suz

Default Blue Peter type question on PVA glue

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with PVA glue
and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

TIA
Suzanne

Rod

"Suz" wrote in
:

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with
PVA glue and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

Yes - don't use PVA?

A bookbinder friend uses flour and water (and alum as preservative) boiled
into a paste. Spread onto paper and allow it to soak thoroughly. Then stick
it onto the card, carefully 'wiping' it with a cloth to avoid bubbles. As
it dries any slight wrinkles simply get stretched out.

There might be a similar technique with PVA but I don't know what it might
be.

--
Rod
Cicero

"Rod" wrote in message
. 4...
"Suz" wrote in
:

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with
PVA glue and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

Yes - don't use PVA?

A bookbinder friend uses flour and water (and alum as preservative) boiled
into a paste. Spread onto paper and allow it to soak thoroughly. Then

stick
it onto the card, carefully 'wiping' it with a cloth to avoid bubbles. As
it dries any slight wrinkles simply get stretched out.

There might be a similar technique with PVA but I don't know what it might
be.

--
Rod

====================
The flour should be plain flour, not 'self-raising' flour. This mix (not
usually boiled) was the standard wallpaper paste until the synthetic mixes
came along in the 1950s.

Cic.

mike ring

"Suz" wrote in
:

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with
PVA glue and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

TIA
Suzanne

For a moment I thought you said "standard bog paper"

mike

Andy Dingley

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:58:32 +0100, "Suz" wrote:

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with PVA glue
and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

Don't use so much (a _really_ tiny amount works - use a small brush)

Put it onto only one piece, let it dry, then iron the two pieces
together - PVA works as a hot-melt glue.

Dave Baker

Suz wrote in message
Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with PVA

glue
and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

TIA
Suzanne

You should be asking your mummy or daddy or older brother or sister for help
with complicated things like that. Try it alone and you'll have someone's
eye out and then there'll be tears!
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)

Suz

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with PVA

glue
and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

TIA
Suzanne

You should be asking your mummy or daddy or older brother or sister for
help
with complicated things like that. Try it alone and you'll have someone's
eye out and then there'll be tears!
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk)

Dave Baker, c'mere and get yer arse smacked, right now!

Being a tad dyslexic, I read it that way round the first time too.

My mind was racing as to the exciting uses for bog paper and PVA
glue...hehe

Jenny - Content Editor

myPrime - the definitive over 50s portal
http://www.myPrime.co.uk
InternetNow! title
http://www.internetnow.co.uk

raden

In message , mike ring
writes
"Suz" wrote in
:

Wrinkly

Is there any tips of how to stick bog standard paper onto card with
PVA glue and not getting wrinkly paper at the end?

TIA
Suzanne

For a moment I thought you said "standard bog paper"

"Now wash your hands"

--
geoff

Tony Bryer

In article , Rod wrote:
A bookbinder friend uses flour and water (and alum as preservative)
boiled into a paste. Spread onto paper and allow it to soak thoroughly.
Then stick it onto the card, carefully 'wiping' it with a cloth to
avoid bubbles. As it dries any slight wrinkles simply get stretched out.

We do this with crafts for Beaver Scouts save that we use wallpaper paste.
The paper stretches a little when wet and shrinks as it dries making it
nice and smooth.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
For a moment I thought you said "standard bog paper"

"Now wash your hands"

"In the interests of economy, please use both sides."

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
raden wrote:
For a moment I thought you said "standard bog paper"

"Now wash your hands"

"In the interests of economy, please use both sides."

The front side and the backside ?

--
geoff