Frank Erskine

Default Hammerite

Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -
--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
BigWallop

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -

Frank Erskine

Remove all the workings and delicate from the machine, and then send the
casing to a Dip'N'Strip place to remove all the old stuff. You can then
apply any protective coating you like to it.

Also a good idea to have the casing paint dipped or sprayed to give a new
lease of life.

And it isn't expensive either, you'll be amazed.

Frank Erskine

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:08:46 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any ideas please for removing Hammerite? I've been
given a microfiche reader whose case has had Hammerite applied,
apparently using a wooden stick, so I'd like to strip the stuff off
and reapply properly.

TIA -

Frank Erskine

Remove all the workings and delicate from the machine, and then send the
casing to a Dip'N'Strip place to remove all the old stuff. You can then
apply any protective coating you like to it.

Also a good idea to have the casing paint dipped or sprayed to give a new
lease of life.

And it isn't expensive either, you'll be amazed.

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether or not D&S would work on such a "finish"
:-)

--
Frank Erskine

Hammerite Howard UK diy 11 February 21st 05 11:35 AM
Hammerite -vs- Ronseal No Rust? Andrew J Instone-Cowie UK diy 0 September 19th 04 08:16 PM
Hammerite paint stripper Jonathan Ward UK diy 4 September 18th 03 02:12 PM
Cleaning outside of Cast Iron bath for Painting Rob Graham UK diy 4 July 21st 03 09:56 AM