Default WTB: Narrow Skylight?

Hi Folks,
I'm toying with the idea of fitting a small skylight into
the sloping ceiling in the cupboards at either gable end of
the upstairs of our house.
Screwfix sells one of these, but at 450mm width it is an inch
or two wider than the gap between the existing rafters.
I don't want to entertain cutting the rafters; I just want some
additional natural light in these places.

Anyone got knowledge of what to do in these circumstances?
One of those solar-dome things (which may look ugly) or does
a company somewhere manufacture narrower skylights than
the ones that Screwfix have?

Any info welcomed; thanks in advance.

Mungo

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Folks,
I'm toying with the idea of fitting a small skylight into
the sloping ceiling in the cupboards at either gable end of
the upstairs of our house.
Screwfix sells one of these, but at 450mm width it is an inch
or two wider than the gap between the existing rafters.
I don't want to entertain cutting the rafters; I just want some
additional natural light in these places.

Anyone got knowledge of what to do in these circumstances?
One of those solar-dome things (which may look ugly) or does
a company somewhere manufacture narrower skylights than
the ones that Screwfix have?

I think there is - I saw a company called the Conservation Rooflight Company
or something like that at a recent show and they had something about 350mm
wide. I noticed it because we had the same problem and gave up so I haven't
got round to following it up.

Rick

On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:57:14 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

If you use this company - you have to be VERY rich.

narrow baths [email protected] UK diy 6 March 8th 05 02:58 PM
HVAC units in narrow space? Jedd Haas Home Repair 15 February 9th 05 12:21 AM
Really Narrow Drop-Leaf Gate-Leg Al B. Home Ownership 1 January 12th 05 03:25 PM
Best reflective surface for skylight shaft? Don Wiss Home Repair 23 August 1st 04 05:45 PM
Need brainstorming help: front door skylight Todd W. Roat Home Repair 1 April 19th 04 03:30 PM