selfbuilder

Default Builder wanted - cambridge area

Can anyone reccomend a builder in the Cambridge area please. Its for a
new build using a timber frame structure. Mainly I'm looking for
someone to do the brickwork rather than project manage the build.

tony sayer

In article om,
selfbuilder writes
Can anyone reccomend a builder in the Cambridge area please. Its for a
new build using a timber frame structure. Mainly I'm looking for
someone to do the brickwork rather than project manage the build.

When U find one, keep it a secret but let me know please)

--
Tony Sayer

Calvin

We had Colin Barnes build the structural parts of our extension having
had him recommended to us by a previous customer.
Like everyone he has strong and weak points. We found him to be good
at the structural stuff like foundations; walls (uses a team of
brickies) and roof. He seems to have a good relationship with the BCO
in our area.
He seems to be less good getting round to the finishing jobs but that
was OK for us as we wanted someone to do the structural bits then leave
the finishing for us to DIY.
On a personal level he's pleasant and he managed to keep the muck out
of the rest of our house while he was working - we live in a clay area
and the foundations were dug in winter so that was appreciated.

I can get you his phone number if you want it.

tony sayer wrote:
In article om,
selfbuilder writes
Can anyone reccomend a builder in the Cambridge area please. Its for a
new build using a timber frame structure. Mainly I'm looking for
someone to do the brickwork rather than project manage the build.

When U find one, keep it a secret but let me know please)

--
Tony Sayer

raden

In message om,
selfbuilder writes
Can anyone reccomend a builder in the Cambridge area please. Its for a
new build using a timber frame structure. Mainly I'm looking for
someone to do the brickwork rather than project manage the build.

You'd better change "selfbuilder " to something
else then
--
geoff
The Natural Philosopher

selfbuilder wrote:

Can anyone reccomend a builder in the Cambridge area please. Its for a
new build using a timber frame structure. Mainly I'm looking for
someone to do the brickwork rather than project manage the build.

Odd. Laying bricks is a lot earier than doing the timber.

selfbuilder

Now thats just plain picky

Goeff, are you a builder?

selfbuilder

Sure, but only if you so the same
Send me an email with your details and I'll keep in touch.

selfbuilder

Yes please.

What sort of things were left unfinished?

Calvin

selfbuilder wrote:
Yes please.

What sort of things were left unfinished?

We specifically wanted a builder to only do foundations, walls, roof
and sub-floor which Colin did.
The last couple of bits took a few phone calls of encouragement and we
ended up getting the cavity closers and putting them in ourselves just
before the window fitters arrived.

The friends who had Colin build their extension had experienced
similar, with a general slowing down when it came to the last few
fiddly bits, so we knew what to expect.

His number is on the paperwork at home, I'll dig it out tonight and
email it you.

Cheers,
Calvin

selfbuilder

Thank you

raden

In message .com,
selfbuilder writes
Now thats just plain picky

Goeff, are you a builder?

Who were you actually replying to there ?

Since you were over enthusiastic in your snipping, most people won't
have the faintest idea to whom you're referring or why

--
geoff