jon

Default AMCO gas meter moved

As per thread title, just had my gas meter moved from inside the kitchen to
outside.

Basically I'm not happy with the work, the fitter has said it's ok to
complain, but he can't guarantee they'll do anything about it.

Basically am I being overly fussy.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/engine...22.jpg&.src=ph

I'm not happy with the copper pipe coming out of the box at the bottom,
there is a knock through plate in the inside of the box, but they reckon the
it might be too high on the inside, ie the pipe coming in might be at
worktop level, have just measured it myself and it's 4 inches below worktop
level.

Second gripe is that the box isn't flush against the wall and consequently
the gas inlet pipe is at an angle, basically it just looks unsightly.

Am i being fussy or do you think I have a case.

Total cost for this piece of British craftmanship £323

Jon

jon

"jon" wrote in message
[...]

Bump, incase first message didn't make it to server

tarquinlinbin

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:34:53 GMT, "jon" wrote:

As per thread title, just had my gas meter moved from inside the kitchen to
outside.

Basically I'm not happy with the work, the fitter has said it's ok to
complain, but he can't guarantee they'll do anything about it.

Who are AMCO by the way ??

Ok i had a look at the photo and the problem seems to be exacerbated
by the fact that the box does not sit vertically true on the wall.
Could it be that your pebble dashing has an outward slope as it
reaches the bottom of its lower finish and so this is holding the box
off at the bottom?. Under normal circumstances,and if the box was
fitted on a perfectly flat wall i.e. brick, then the box would sit
vertically on the wasll and the incoming service pipe would be
vertical and almost flat to the wall. On closer inspection,and looking
where the wooden vertical gatepost butts up against the pebble dashing
in the back gorund,it does indeed appear that your pebble dash does
have an outward slope as it reaches its lower finished edge.

Perhaps the solution is to

a) fit the meter box highe where the wall is actually flat

b) use a grinder to cut out the lower section of sloped pebble dash
behind the box so that the box can sit flat on the wall.

Does that copper pipe through the wall have a sleeve on it by the way?

The box provides two knockouts,one in the top right rear and one in
the bottom right base as used in your installation.

Perhaps your installtion would have benefitted from the use of a semi
concealed ground meter box ?

joe

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/
jon

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message
[...]

Hurrah I got a reply.

Joe, don't take this the wrong way, but try arranging these words to make a
sentence.

about stating talk obvious bleeding the.

Yes to everything you've said. However I would have assumed that seeing I'm
paying a premium price, I would have got some sort of half decent job. It
would have taken 10 mins to chisel away the bottom lip of the render, and
another 5 mins to drill a hole through the wall so that the point would go
through the knock out hole inside the box. Instead they have gone for the
quickest and easiest solution.

So taking all that into account do you think I am within my rights to get
them back and to do the job as per my wishes, or to do you think that is not
within my remit.

Jon

Does anyone have this gas meter installed in their home? tarquinlinbin UK diy 6 April 22nd 05 11:12 AM
Gas meter regulations Chris UK diy 11 April 20th 05 06:49 PM
water company dishonest? Tony Home Repair 9 May 24th 04 04:44 AM
munet digital electric watthour meter login problem INTERESTING TECHNOLOGY! jack morgan Home Repair 0 November 15th 03 08:21 PM
Huge water bill; freeze; meter failure; who should pay? Scoot Home Repair 10 July 22nd 03 03:51 AM