DW

Default Toilet Waste and Shower problem

I have just bought a house where the previous owner has left a half finished
downstairs shower room. I wish to finish the job.
However, the soil pipe run does not have enough drop on it. I was thinking
of raising the floor (on 6x2's) to allow for enough drop on the soil waste
pipe.

I also need to connect the basin and shower waste to the same soil waste
pipe and I see you can buy strap on bosses for this.

Does the basin and shower boss have to enter at the top of of the 110mm soil
pipe (to avoid any back flow from WC) or can they connect on the side?

If they have to enter on top I may have raise the shower even higher to get
enough drop on the shower waste.

I know a macerator will solve these problems but i'm trying to avoid that
option if at all possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MTIA

Grunff

DW wrote:
I have just bought a house where the previous owner has left a half finished
downstairs shower room. I wish to finish the job.
However, the soil pipe run does not have enough drop on it. I was thinking
of raising the floor (on 6x2's) to allow for enough drop on the soil waste
pipe.

I also need to connect the basin and shower waste to the same soil waste
pipe and I see you can buy strap on bosses for this.

Does the basin and shower boss have to enter at the top of of the 110mm soil
pipe (to avoid any back flow from WC) or can they connect on the side?

If they have to enter on top I may have raise the shower even higher to get
enough drop on the shower waste.

I went through exactly the same thing when building our en-suite. It
seems that while it is possible to position the boss at the side, it is
not a good idea. There's just too much chance of ickyness in case of a
blocked soil pipe.

In the end, I put mine in through the top. This meant I had to raise the
floor by a total of 14", which is just about right for 2 steps up.

I know a macerator will solve these problems but i'm trying to avoid that
option if at all possible.

Very wise.

--
Grunff
Vass

"Grunff" wrote in message
DW wrote:
I have just bought a house where the previous owner has left a half

finished
downstairs shower room. I wish to finish the job.
However, the soil pipe run does not have enough drop on it. I was

thinking
of raising the floor (on 6x2's) to allow for enough drop on the soil

waste
pipe.

I also need to connect the basin and shower waste to the same soil waste
pipe and I see you can buy strap on bosses for this.

Does the basin and shower boss have to enter at the top of of the 110mm

soil
pipe (to avoid any back flow from WC) or can they connect on the side?

If they have to enter on top I may have raise the shower even higher to

get
enough drop on the shower waste.

If possible
run it outside then go into the vertical soil pipe at the side

--
Vass
YZF-R1, CBR1100xx-x, A4 Cab

Ian_m

"Vass" wrote in message

"Grunff" wrote in message
DW wrote:
[...]

Same problem in my last house in bathroom after rearanging the suit, I just
ran the pipes outside and "bossed" ontop the soil pipe.

Shower waste problem alexbartman UK diy 1 March 30th 05 11:09 AM
Adding a vent to my shop's waste line when putting in a shower [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 14th 05 11:13 PM
Right shower! T i m UK diy 9 January 8th 05 03:31 PM
Internal waste pipes, eg. Bath, shower, sink. Lawrence UK diy 5 December 10th 03 05:57 PM
Routing waste pipe past shower tray Mike Barnes UK diy 5 September 4th 03 02:12 PM