Default Glazing Bars required for conservatory roof - Where to buy?

Hi guys

I am struggling to find glazing bars to do my conservatory roof.
Following suggestions I will be using glass and not polycarbonate.
However glazing bars for polycarbonate are available at B&Q, Wickes etc
only for 10mm polycarbonate. What size glass should i be using and
where can i buy the appropriate glazing bars? The minimum glass
availability from my local place is 4-6-4 ie 14mm.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
wrote:
I am struggling to find glazing bars to do my conservatory roof.
Following suggestions I will be using glass and not polycarbonate.
However glazing bars for polycarbonate are available at B&Q, Wickes etc
only for 10mm polycarbonate. What size glass should i be using and
where can i buy the appropriate glazing bars? The minimum glass
availability from my local place is 4-6-4 ie 14mm.

I used 'T' section extruded aluminium. Polished wired plate glass. With
putty for metal windows. And dressed lead strip 4" wide over the joints.
So far, so good. Got to be better than the wood glazing bars I used
before. But time will tell.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Christian McArdle

I am struggling to find glazing bars to do my conservatory roof.
Following suggestions I will be using glass and not polycarbonate.

My conservatory came with alumnium extrusions for this. They sealed to the
glass using rubber seals. You can probably get them from loads of places. My
conservatory was supplied by Baltic Pine. They might be willing to send a
few bars (complete with rubber seals) if you ask them. If was doing it, I'd
try to get them to supply the rafter mouldings and seals as well. The glass
was laid onto rubber seals on the rafter mouldings, with the capping bars
also sealing with rubber. The system worked like a dream.

# = rubber seal.

_______
/_______\ - capping bar
#/ +---+ \#
------------+ +-----------
SEALED UNIT | | SEALED UNIT
------------+ +-----------
+##+ +##+
| | - wooden rafter moulding
+---------+
| |
| |
| | - rafter beam
| |
| |
| |
+---------+

Christian.

How thick was your glass Christian?

Christian McArdle

How thick was your glass Christian?

Um. Not sure exactly. I think the roof glass was thicker than the window
glass, because the pieces were so huge. I suspect something like 4-12-4 or
even 4-16-4, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.

Christian.

Recommendation required for double glazing firms- Glasgow area newman UK diy 0 May 6th 05 01:57 PM
Anyone want some heart pine roof decking? woodyq Woodworking 1 March 29th 04 11:25 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM