Joining armoured cable

Old May 2nd 05, 02:21 PM
wmt

Default Joining armoured cable

I have a cable coming from my garage (in a block, 100yds away) to my front
door. Trouble is, that's where it stops and it's a good 3 metres away from
the meter/consumer unit. I want to extend the cable to reach the consumer
unit. It will be buried a good 18 inches down. so I'm wondering what the
best way of joining the cable would be? Would using a waterproof junction
box with a terminal block to join the cables be ok, or is there some other
method ?

Old May 2nd 05, 03:25 PM
fred

In article , wmt
writes
I have a cable coming from my garage (in a block, 100yds away) to my front
door. Trouble is, that's where it stops and it's a good 3 metres away from
the meter/consumer unit. I want to extend the cable to reach the consumer
unit. It will be buried a good 18 inches down. so I'm wondering what the
best way of joining the cable would be? Would using a waterproof junction
box with a terminal block to join the cables be ok, or is there some other
method ?

How's this:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Joints_R
esin_Filled/index.html
FWIW, if the question is electrical bits, the answer is usually TLC :-)

btw, just noticed:
"The straight through kits do not include connectors, order Through Crimps
or Butt connectors to suit the size of cable being joined"
--
fred
Old May 2nd 05, 04:16 PM
wmt

How's this:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Index/Joints_R
esin_Filled/index.html
FWIW, if the question is electrical bits, the answer is usually TLC :-)

btw, just noticed:
"The straight through kits do not include connectors, order Through Crimps
or Butt connectors to suit the size of cable being joined"
--
fred

thanks ! looks interesting...

Old May 2nd 05, 06:08 PM