Pat M

Default Zanussi Dishwasher not filling

Zanussi Aquasave DW 917 approx eight years old.

I have cleaned out the main filters, including the filler hose filters,
removed the two blue level indicators under the main large circular filter
and cleaned them as well.
Everything else works fine once you manually fill it with water.
I don't hear the solenoid inlet valve click at the beginning of the fill
part of the programme.
My knowledge of how the water level is determined in the dishwasher is nil
so I don't know if the inlet fill solenoid valve is OK or if it's the
control circuit that triggers it or if it's something else entirely.
In the meantime I sit and wait for each stage of the cycle to finish before
refilling the water ...ho hum..
Any help would be appreciated.
PatM

Pete C

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:21:57 +0100, "Pat M"
wrote:

Zanussi Aquasave DW 917 approx eight years old.

I have cleaned out the main filters, including the filler hose filters,
removed the two blue level indicators under the main large circular filter
and cleaned them as well.
Everything else works fine once you manually fill it with water.
I don't hear the solenoid inlet valve click at the beginning of the fill
part of the programme.
My knowledge of how the water level is determined in the dishwasher is nil
so I don't know if the inlet fill solenoid valve is OK or if it's the
control circuit that triggers it or if it's something else entirely.
In the meantime I sit and wait for each stage of the cycle to finish before
refilling the water ...ho hum..
Any help would be appreciated.
PatM

Hi,

Try reading the resistance across the solenoid valve with a multimeter
set to ohms, though unplug the machine first. If it's very very high,
say 20k ohms, or open circuit (off the scale) then it's probably the
valve.

If not then it's most likely to be the controller or wiring, though
there is a very slim chance the valve could be stuck.

cheers,
Pete.
Pete C

wrote:

Zanussi Aquasave DW 917 approx eight years old.

I have cleaned out the main filters, including the filler hose filters,
removed the two blue level indicators under the main large circular filter
and cleaned them as well.
Everything else works fine once you manually fill it with water.
I don't hear the solenoid inlet valve click at the beginning of the fill
part of the programme.
My knowledge of how the water level is determined in the dishwasher is nil
so I don't know if the inlet fill solenoid valve is OK or if it's the
control circuit that triggers it or if it's something else entirely.
In the meantime I sit and wait for each stage of the cycle to finish before
refilling the water ...ho hum..
Any help would be appreciated.
PatM

Hi,

One more thing, when checking the resistance across the solenoid
valve, disconnect the wiring to it first, making a careful note of how
it's connected.

cheers,
Pete.
Phil Addison

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like. It might be worth taking a look at the new Washing Machine
FAQ. The filling arrangements are probably similar
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/electrical/...achine_faq.htm

If not then it's most likely to be the controller or wiring, though
there is a very slim chance the valve could be stuck.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me

zanussi dishwasher alarm code Al3 colin UK diy 0 April 17th 05 06:35 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher Trouble thescullster UK diy 1 December 20th 04 11:29 AM
zanussi dishwasher model des-959 need service/repair/technical info colin Electronics Repair 0 September 19th 04 11:31 AM
Zanussi Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 May 23rd 04 12:52 PM
Zanussi dishwasher just stops Gary Wooding UK diy 3 July 31st 03 02:00 AM