Emulsion paint over eggshell

Old April 19th 05, 12:50 PM
tezzie

Default Emulsion paint over eggshell

Hi any ideas with this one. Most of my house was painted with eggshell
paint years ago by a proffessional decorator. I now want to decorate
my self, I noticed when i tried a small area with a test pot of
emulsion that it doesn't seem to stick. A friend advised me to apply a
pva glue diluted with water to the walls before applying emulsion. I
did this in the lounge, and it seemed to work but I then noticed the
emulsion seems to bubble when applied,(second coat) and on drying the
finish does not look that good. Should also say after the PVA dried I
applied a diluted white emulsion first then 2 coats of the colour I
wanted.

I also need to do the other rooms, and another friend thinks I should
sand all the walls first..... its quite a big room and the thought of
all the dust from sanding is putting me off..... is there any easier
way I can do this and correct the first room

Thanks
Tez