Andrew

Default 100,000 BTU Combi Boilers

Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000 Btu
combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or complete
disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

Thanks,

Andrew.

end user

The best advice i can offer is to check the price of spare parts for
boilers: Fan, PCB, expansion vessel etc. During the lifetime of your
boiler you will probably have to change at least two of the parts i
mentioned at least once. I have found baxi, potterton, ferroli spares
to be amongst the most expensive and vokera the most reasonable and
readily available. I would advise you to fit a vokera linea 735.

Doctor Evil

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000

Btu
combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or complete
disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

It has to a condensing boiler from 1st April. Go for good make:
Worcester-Bosch Junior is good, Valliant, Glow Worm condensers. RR quality
and price: Eco-Hometec and Viessmann.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
end user

PISH

John

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000
Btu
combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or complete
disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

I suggest you start off by looking up the building regs and requirement from
April 1st for nearly all new boiler installations to be condensing. There
are a limited number of exceptions for special installations.

On the assumption that you "will have to" fit a condensing combi I suggest
the Glow Worm 30kW (100,000 BTU)

John Stumbles

Doctor Evil wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000

Btu
combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or complete
disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

It has to a condensing boiler from 1st April. Go for good make:
Worcester-Bosch Junior is good, Valliant, Glow Worm condensers. RR
quality and price: Eco-Hometec and Viessmann.

The W-B Junior condensing boilers are new and I'd be a bit leery of fitting
one given that you're relying entirely on W-B's (admittedly good)
reputation rather than any sort of track record for the product itself.

Doctor Evil

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000

Btu
combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or

complete
disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

It has to a condensing boiler from 1st April. Go for good make:
Worcester-Bosch Junior is good, Valliant, Glow Worm condensers. RR
quality and price: Eco-Hometec and Viessmann.

The W-B Junior condensing boilers are new and I'd be a bit leery of

fitting
one given that you're relying entirely on W-B's (admittedly good)
reputation rather than any sort of track record for the product itself.

AFAIK, the Junior is not a condensing model, unless one has just come out.
If a non-condesner is required, a flat, then this is a good model.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
[...]

You are right, a condensing model has just come out. This model would have
been designed at the same time as the non-condensing Junior. The Junior is
a relatively new boiler.

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 06:37 PM
Suitable bath taps for combi boilers First Network UK diy 1 February 11th 05 03:40 PM
How to correctly size combi boilers Dean UK diy 16 December 25th 03 11:49 PM
Combi Boilers Marv UK diy 5 November 3rd 03 12:34 AM
Combi boilers - why? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 10 August 30th 03 10:24 PM